Trainz Crash on Safetran Signal Pathing to Due to Access Violation (0xc0000005)??

Falcus

Ok, so I'm building a Route right? Started dropping track, but my intention is to test the track as I go, and though I don't need to I'm gonna try and signal the main line as I go. Not just for the least because BNSF happens to use Safetrans Interlocking Signals along their Mainline through the area I'm building, and the Safetrans in the game requires the Gantries are actually part of the Track work.... So I'm using Safetrans Gantry 06's for the time being.

Get about 15 miles or so of Mainline and like 5 mid sized yards (And one large) built, and I figure "Well H-E-double hockey sticks, after all that, lets have a go!" Pop a train down, set up a scenario, drive it up to the mainline, and then throw a switch behind a Safetrans and BAM! Game go boom... "Trainz has stopped working"....

I get this error:
trainz caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module trainz.exe at 0023:0051b8dd.

Exception handler called in main thread.
Error occurred at 4/14/2014 13:55:50.

Repeatable every time..... Different signals, different directions, doesn't matter.... Only thing that matter is Train has to be infront, and a Switch behind has to be OFF the Mainline.

Now, I will say I don't have many of the Yards Signalled yet off the Main. But on the one Yard I DO have signalled I seem to have the same issue....

Any thoughts/help?

Thanks in advance,
Falcus

...and the Safetrans in the game requires the Gantries are actually part of the Track work....

Just a note that they don't 'require' - it's an option. It is also possible to use the gantry as a simple scenic 'prop' wih the sigs attached to normal track run over (but not attached to) the gantry track.

Not sure what is causing the crash though. I use the scripted safetrans almost exclusively and find them pretty much bombproof, though I do use less of the 08 Interlockings than I used to - but only because my preferred HUD can't interpret some of the aspects, not because of any issue with the sigs themselves...

Last edited:
Check the Jetlog.txt file which is found in your TS12/bin directory. You must exit everything to view.

Back