Trainz Bundle offer £2.99/$3.99 bargain

Just a note...I did some research on this...while this seems to be a legit site what they are selling are Steam product codes for Steam versions of the software so you will need to have Steam installed to use.

Just a note...I did some research on this...while this seems to be a legit site what they are selling are Steam product codes for Steam versions of the software so you will need to have Steam installed to use.

I'll rather stay away from steam and buy all trainz products direct from N3V even if that means paying more for a product.

If it looks to good to be true..it probably is.
Is the download software a web tracker in disguise.
Of course I'm just another old man and
I wouldn't know a good deal if I saw one.

Don't get me wrong .. I use and like Steam...just not for stuff like Trainz
This can be true in some cases. I don't have any Trainz stuff with Steam, but I have Farming Simulator 2013 with it, and all I ever get is a bunch of adds and constant updates. It's similar to doing a database repair EVERY time you turn the game on. :confused:

Thanks for the heads-up on the bundle. I made the impulse buy. I have installed "Steam" and am now downloading Trainz 12. It says it is "installing" the program. I am hoping it is downloading the install files so that I can burn them to disc and install whenever to whatever computer I am using at the time.
I will edit this post with info as to whether or not that works. I don't really want to install it yet, but I may be . . .

Well, It apparently installed it to my operating system. I had it download to another drive (storage), and the folder is 9.47GB so I can't put it on the 8 gig memory stick as I had wanted.

I am going to attempt to move all the files to another comp and see what happens. Stay tuned (but don't hold your breath!)
to be continued . . .

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up on the bundle. I made the impulse buy. I have installed "Steam" and am now downloading Trainz 12. It says it is "installing" the program. I am hoping it is downloading the install files so that I can burn them to disc and install whenever to whatever computer I am using at the time.
I will edit this post with info as to whether or not that works. I don't really want to install it yet, but I may be . . .

Did your version come with ATRZ keys for each item?

My first impression is that "Steam" is a complicated method of acquiring a game. As can be seen at the top of this post, I got an "ATRZ" key for TS12 and registered it. The game seems to play fine and although it wants to connect to "Steam" when I first load, I unplugged the internet connection and it loaded and played fine. I haven't tried moving it to another computer yet.
This list is what "Steam" says I purchased:
Trainz Simulator 12
Trainz Simulator 12: Nickel Plate High Speed Freight
Trainz Simulator 12: SS4 China Coal Heavy Haul Pack
Trainz Simulator 12: BR Class 14 DLC
Trainz Simulator 12: Blue Comet DLC
Trainz Simulator 12: Aerotrain DLC
Trainz Simulator 12: Coronation Scot DLC
Trainz Simulator 12: PRR T1 DLC
Trainz Simulator 12: The Duchess

each one has a "Steam key" which I entered at the site to download. When I open the game there is a very small window at the bottom right with the "ATRZ" key, saying that when the game requires it, here it is.
I don't know about the add-ons 'cause I haven't figured out how to install them yet.
If anyone is familiar and can steer me in the right direction I will appreciate it.

Back