Trainz Build 117118 runs very poorly.

jjeff1955

Very bad Frame rates with 117118 side by side with 116492 that has very good Frame Rates.
No one will acknowledge my testing results.
I now have Tested 117118 on 3 different PCs and it has really bad Frame rates.

All in all Trainz 2022 is not going to work for me anyway as I can not handle watching the scenery going by with hard jerking motions.
I do not understand why the Dev's will not let me Stream to them, then they would see the proof of the issues.
Trainz Streams perfectly smooth on Discord with the Build 115492, and it also does show the Hard FPS hits with the Build 117118.

Last edited:
If you lost Train+ you used the wrong Update Stream, should have been Plus Beta not TRS22 Beta. THink you should still get the Plus content but not the Plus Features

I deliberately kept one copy of TRS19 as a non Plus version, I bought a copy before I went Plus, It get the plus updates as I kept it on TRS19 and TRS19 Beta streams, only TRS19 ones, it still has it's Plus content, just not the Plus features.

117118 is the Retail TRS22 update, the Plus update is 117092, we were warned in the update thread that they had been split now post 1: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...RS22-Pre-Release-117118&p=1918920#post1918920.

Note that in this update, there are people who are on 116492 who are Trainz Plus members, or TRS22 retail owners. Therefore if you are a Trainz Plus member and choose the TRS22 stream, you will end up with a retail build and lose access to your Trainz Plus features.

Of course you can reinstall Trainz Plus from MyTrainz, but we want to make it clear about the differentiation.

Thank You clam1952 for that info.
I still have the Trainz 2022+ on my other install build 116492, I had thought that I lost it but I was wrong and jumping to conclusions.
Just dissapointed that the Build 117118 has bad fps issues and no one else reports those issues.

I spent all Morning updating my other New PC as it had not been used for 6 Months, just built it a year ago.
It is a Twin to my White PC but it has the exact same PC case in Black called the Storm Trooper Ryzen 5900X
I was hoping for that issue to be gone in my Newer PC, but not.

Updated the Video Drivers also to Geforce 512.15 still hard hit with the fps in the 117118, but not the 116492.
It is so obvious that the build 117118 has streaming issues, I do not know how than can release something that poor in Performance.

I know I sounded pretty gruff this Morning, I need to have more patience.

Last edited:
Hmm, it may not actually be the build but some asset or script installed that that's causing a problem.

Just had a thought, have you excluded TRS22's userdata from any on access AV or Anti Malware scanning, that can cause problems with an AV scanning each asset as it's streamed and I have seen a couple of occasions where exclusions have vanished after an update. Avast when I had it was always "forgetting exclusions" I just stick to defender now and occasionally run Malwarebytes. I also kill off Indexing on my Trainz drives.

No problems at present but I usually look at resource monitor when there's an issue like a DBR taking forever or slow loading or stuttering to see just what is actually accessing the Trainz drive.

I'd hang on to that 1080TI, on investigation seems I'd need a 3070TI to see any improvement other than obviously no Raytracing, which I don't need anyway.

Hi clam
I just now did go into my Vipre and told it not to touch those Trainz folders, and also turned off a lot of background running programs.

Done several more tests, and still the heavy fps hits in the small test map. I am going to attempt to create a new test map with a new local Folder and slide in my assets that I am using for my tests, and see if there is an issue with my local folder.

I will post what I find, hoping that it is an issue with that local folder, but I do not think that is the case as that local folder works perfectly in the 116492 build with absolutely no fps hits.
I deleted my whine about not feeling well, kind of dumb of me to complain. I do not need to talk myself into more Health issues.

I am going to work on this for the rest of the day and try other options, I did a Heaven benchmark moments ago and got a 101664 Score at a Minimum fps of 67.6 fps, I was very impressed on how well that bench mark performed.

All in all I am hoping to find the issue, but not to likely as it seems to be something with these later Patches.
Cheers.

I do not understand why the Dev's will not let me Stream to them, then they would see the proof of the issues.
We don't need proof - we believe you. We need to find out why you are having this issue and no one else is reporting it. We see no difference at all and there are no changes designed to change performance.

All I can suggest is keep trying different things to see if you can track down anything that resolves the problem. e.g. changing post processing settings, checking 3rd party applications aren't interferring etc.

Hello Tony, I am not that upset, I just would like to find out what would be the differences with the different builds.
Still researching with it on my new PC and I still have not narrowed it down, I created a new local folder and only put the assets that I use in that Map and still get get the fps issues. I will not give up on it as there has to be something causing these hard fps hits.

What I need to do is record the output Log files from each build and send them to the support Team.
I do have the 2 builds installed side by side to test each. Discord shows the fps hits clearly with the 117118, and smooth as butter with the 116492. I have asked for someone to let me Stream to them, but no one is interested in my issues as they are not having these issues.
Kind regards to you Tony.
cheers.

Back