Trainz 2022 Platinum upgrade???

CofG509

I already have the the standard version of Trainz 2022. Is there an option to upgrade to Platinum without having to purchase the full price game again?

Nope they are two different products. You might want to hold off and watch for sales because there's always a possibility N3V will offer a discount to existing owners of TRS22. They've done this kind of thing in the past.

Nope they are two different products. You might want to hold off and watch for sales because there's always a possibility N3V will offer a discount to existing owners of TRS22. They've done this kind of thing in the past.
So if I have to purchase the Platinum edition, when I download and install it, will all my content and routes be in it or will I have to move EVERYTHING over?

So if I have to purchase the Platinum edition, when I download and install it, will all my content and routes be in it or will I have to move EVERYTHING over?
You won't lose your data. They are two separate programs.

Copy your current data-folder to a new location and rename the folder to something else such as TRS22PE_DATA (Use something you'll remember if you want. I used this name as an example).

Download and install TRS22PE and let it go through its setup thing.
Once done, on the Launcher that comes up after the install has finished, click on Trainz settings and the Install tab.
On the install tab, browse to where you put your TRS22PE_DATA folder by clicking on the 3 dots on the right of the white bar with the data-folder name in it.
Select that folder.

Trainz will want to restart.

Your current data-folder will now be the one that TRS22PE uses and you will need to run a DBR.

Your previous install of TRS22 will remain intact and nothing will be lost.

You should periodically backup this data-folder anyway to an external drive. I can't stress this enough as this has saved me a few times.

Hope this helps.

Copy your current data-folder to a new location and rename the folder to something else such as TRS22PE_DATA (Use something you'll remember if you want. I used this name as an example).

Once done, on the Launcher that comes up after the install has finished, click on Trainz settings and the Install tab.
On the install tab, browse to where you put your TRS22PE_DATA folder by clicking on the 3 dots on the right of the white bar with the data-folder name in it.
Select that folder.

Your current data-folder will now be the one that TRS22PE uses and you will need to run a DBR.

You should periodically backup this data-folder anyway to an external drive. I can't stress this enough as this has saved me a few times.

Hope this helps.
Gotcha. Thanks for the help. Very much appreciated.

ok The payment for trainz Plus just came out of my bank account what happens next?

Tom

Select that folder.

Hope this helps.
John, This isn't actually the way that TRS22 works. The upgrade to Platinum is an in place upgrade meaning the new features are already present in TRS22 SP2. All that happens when you upgrade is your username is flagged as being a TRS22 PE owner and the features are activated in your existing install. So unless you are using TRS22 SP1 or below then you can't have a Standard version of TRS22 installed after purchasing TRS22 PE. I tried to install the TRS22 Standard installer available at MyTrainz and it came up as TRS22 PE. This is good for most users as there is no need to move anything but if for some reason you want to have a copy of Standard as well you would need to saved the earlier offline installer for TRS22 SP1 or before.

John, This isn't actually the way that TRS22 works. The upgrade to Platinum is an in place upgrade meaning the new features are already present in TRS22 SP2. All that happens when you upgrade is your username is flagged as being a TRS22 PE owner and the features are activated in your existing install. So unless you are using TRS22 SP1 or below then you can't have a Standard version of TRS22 installed after purchasing TRS22 PE. I tried to install the TRS22 Standard installer available at MyTrainz and it came up as TRS22 PE. This is good for most users as there is no need to move anything but if for some reason you want to have a copy of Standard as well you would need to saved the earlier offline installer for TRS22 SP1 or before.
Yes, I know that and that's how it's supposed to work. There were issues with upgrades recently where there were no desktop icons. TRS22 appeared not to work and people were stuck. Given past performance generally guarantees current and future results here, setting up a second install is the safest.

Recently, I lost about 2/3s of my content thanks to an upgrade that went totally tits up and then rolled over. It's best to err on the safe side, ya think?

Back