Trainz 2009

I think an AI signaller and timetable operation (or the return of Scenarios - with a useable editor) needs to come before that. Even (maybe) a career mode!

I think an AI signaller and timetable operation (or the return of Scenarios - with a useable editor) needs to come before that. Even (maybe) a career mode!

Hi, after some time away from trainz and playing around with the new rail sim, i have found myself drawn back to trainz simply because of the 'so simple even i can use it' surveyor. Trainz cannot be beaten in this area but i find that the near impossibillity to drive a train with traffic on a route so frustrating and suspect that all trainzers are either in surveyor or creating models rather than enjoying the driving side of things.

i know there is SCS2006 to create scenarios for TRS2006 but this also takes a lot of time to set up, i like the idea of sessions and the waybills for the abillity to jump in and play but i've never been able to run a session for more than 10 mins without something going wrong when AI are involved.

I feel this area of trainz must be completely reworked if i am to commit to upgrading to a new Trainz otherwise i can see no point in upgrading as TRS2006 has every thing i need.

cheers

Gav

well i don't hardly ever use scenarios myself. creating worlds, well little pieces of them anyway, with rail infrastructure, and opperating one train at a time over them, as if it were a physical model railroad, without the physical space constraints that would ential, intrests me far more. it would be nice though, if automatic operations of other trains simultanius to me doing so, could be reliably counted upon to fallow 'the ruel book' and abide by signal indications, as i'm led to believe, from coments in this forum, they cannot always be relied upon to do.

while it can and ocassionally does happen that an employee might commit one critical unriliable act, the freequence of this happening in real life is extremely low, and appearantly some people must feel it contributes something to 'the game' to make or allow it to happen more often.

i also have a problem with the idea of absolute directionality of tracks, as my prototype experiences were with the southern pacific in california, particularly on the line over donner pass, whose book of ruels states rather specifically that "any train may opperate on any track in any direction at any time, except within yard limits".

what i WOULD like to see in that reguard, is an absolute ats system, where a train CANNOT enter a block that hasn't been cleared, as in the network sim bahn.

=^^=
.../\...

Last edited:
If some of you are not interested on multiplayer mode, why I felt that I asked a stupid question?
In all games I know where is a multiplayer mode, there is as option for those who DO NOT want to play in that mode.
Finally, I didn't received an explicit answer form Auran or did I and I don't saw it.
Thanks.

I'm sure Auran will comment or advise at some point.

With regard to multiplayer, it's something I've never bothered with even in games that support it. I don't even use Vatsim in Flight Sim.

Then I am a sad, anti-social misfit...
:udrool: :udrool: :udrool: :udrool: :udrool:

With regard to Trainz, I suspect many people think about multiplayer, then look at some of the more juvenile scribblings that appear on the forum from time to time...provoking images of the 11 year old kids running signals in an effort to see who can have the most spectacular derailment or crash and think, "No thank you."

If some of you are not interested on multiplayer mode, why I felt that I asked a stupid question?
In all games I know where is a multiplayer mode, there is as option for those who DO NOT want to play in that mode.
Finally, I didn't received an explicit answer form Auran or did I and I don't saw it.
Thanks.

i dont think anybody is sugesting you asked a stupid question but i dont see how a multiplayer trainz would work if there is no reliable dispatcher

cheers

Gav

well i don't hardly ever use scenarios myself. creating worlds, well little pieces of them anyway, with rail infrastructure, and opperating one train at a time over them, as if it were a physical model railroad, without the physical space constraints that would ential, intrests me far more. it would be nice though, if automatic operations of other trains simultanius to me doing so, could be reliably counted upon to fallow 'the ruel book' and abide by signal indications, as i'm led to believe, from coments in this forum, they cannot always be relied upon to do.

.../\...

With SCS2006, you create scenarios with several trains running from different places at the same time like in real life and signal indications are reliable. It's also true to say that it takes some time to create a basic scenario in such case with, let say, 10 trains on the run.

See at TPR for more on the subject.

http://www.trainzproroutes.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6408&sid=c2bf1c138755631d1882e965f27b3732

You have to register first

If I could play nice with others I wouldn't be a pathetic computer loser playing train sims; multiplayer is not on my list of desires for Trainz. I just wish they would release a bare boned tested and working platform without CMP (because it scares people) to unite the community.

I also wish Catherine Zeta Jones had a fondness for pathetic computer losers who played Train sims....but THAT ain't gonna happen either!

I also wish Catherine Zeta Jones had a fondness for pathetic computer losers who played Train sims....but THAT ain't gonna happen either!

That is a joke right? Tell me it isn't true ... she MUST like pathetic computer losers who play train sims. :'(

Ok, ok!

Don't hit me thinking that I'm a kid who likes to crashes trains.
But if I like ... who cares, you?

It seems that some guys, here, never think a second, about what can we do with multiplayer mode.

Some peolpe think that it is impossible to manage a train space by 3 or 4 guys, trying to play trains as the real ones.

Can you imagine, some are preparing consists, un/loading others and others are waiting to get others consist in the yard e then goin to another place ... and so on ...

I think that who has no imagination to play, even in a non multiplayer mode, is better to stay on the sofa seeing some publicity ...

Another question to Auran:

Is it possible or are you thinking to modify the surveyour base ie. nowadays we have 10 meters square in a big rectangle, but is it possble to have hexagons or even octogons ?

It wiil be more accurate in relation to reality ?!

Another question to Auran:

Is it possible or are you thinking to modify the surveyour base ie. nowadays we have 10 meters square in a big rectangle, but is it possble to have hexagons or even octogons ?

It wiil be more accurate in relation to reality ?!

i believe it was already answered here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showpost.php?p=286707&postcount=51

From there it will be a matter of adding more detailed baseboards or updating existing ones

Multi-player dilemma...

Thanks.
:) Well for one thing Trainz is truly a SIM not a sand box kiddy game... I will admit I think a Multi Player Trainz-SIM could be interesting...,but I find with a love for railroads, an imagination, an attention span above a 6 year old, and an IQ above 90 you don't need a multi-player sand box kitty game... :pLOL [USTrainBrain]:D

If you would read the posts pointed out to you earlier in this thread you would have your answers. But in case you don't want to bother.

1. A multiplayer version is planned after TRS2009 is finished.

2. TRS2009 includes a 5m grid and 5 m brush for ground textures.

3. The grid will stay square.

William

Last edited:
Back