Tracking down some content

PeteC9008

Hey guys,

In Trs2009 I had the amazingly comprehensive DB Catenary set by TrainBernd, has it been updated in to trainz 2019 at all?

view_media_post

TrainBernd-DB-Catenary-set.jpg

Thanks for any help!!
view_media_post

It looks like most if not all of his assets still show version 2.4 with upload dates in 2007. However, I note that a lot of what I have is packaged in routes like Niddertalban, meaning it may still be very usable.

Yeah I should have said, it seems to be about 50/50 if it works or not at the moment! Its there some form of content creator plus still I can use to edit content with for trs19??

I don't know about Content Creator Plus, but there are other tools. It depends on what you need to do? There are Images2TGA, IMEditor, PM2IM, and AssetX available.

Yeah I should have said, it seems to be about 50/50 if it works or not at the moment! Its there some form of content creator plus still I can use to edit content with for trs19??

CCP was introduced in TRS2006 and existed right through TS12. It's no longer available in TANE and up due to its highly unstable code. The utility was very crash worthy in the sense that it was quite prone to crashing reliably! :)

You can still edit content in TRS19 manually just as you could in other versions. You do this through Content Manager. Right-click on assets and choose various things such as open for edit, edit config.txt file, etc. All of the same things are there just as they were in CCP except in a more technical form.

Hi Pete, some things don't need an update, just use it
Last month I have updated the entire real Black Forest route
with trainzbernd catenary, 75km all with zigzag, tensioners etc.

Hmn, I'll look at downloading it! Are these the ones with all the options built in when you use the question mark? Snow, distance boards, rust etc?

Hi @G.M.

Question:

I'm using trainbernd's catenary sets in the Spalt-Geo route.

Do you know if there is a manual of some kind explaining the letter and number coding for the track objects and line splines?

I do understand that line splines with letter pairs at the end signify lines that connect two different line types, i.e. c-i, d-d, c-u etc etc.

What I don't understand are which types of masts are used and when, and what ausleger pieces are used in the upper parts of the wire nets running between the quertragwerk track object towers

I'm spanning a long holding yard with the quertragwerk track objects, and I'm using the <kuid:42778:21212> tb fdd Dx6240 d-d line running donw the tracks.
In your example pic I see hangers in the upper wiring net and along the lower wire span. What are these?

Perhaps you're using scenery masts, and high wire splines instead of the quertragwerk track objects?

EDIT: I see there are five alignment DFLS tools, do you know how to use them, and what their name designations mean?

<kuid:42778:30105> DFLS Tool D45
<kuid:42778:30106> DFLS Tool D50
<kuid:42778:30103> DFLS Tool N
<kuid:42778:3326> DFLS Tool NSPL
<kuid2:42778:3320:1> DFLS_Tool_F_marker

Parts I'm referring to are circled in red.

trainzbernd2.jpg

Rico

Last edited:
Dont have a manual sadly Rico and yes its quite complex
if there is one it might be on Trainz.de

Think i worked with a picklist and only used a small subset
as I recall this type of catenary was used in Schwaningerland (0.8?) the original on the DLS
which I have made just as good as the payware In TRS22 but then for TRS19 100240

The big cat-portal spanning 8 tracks is called
quertragwerk qtb13 850 o

as you can see I use my Surveyor 1.1 with expanded list and larger viewer
to do catenary work.

the most important code to make the zigzag
i inside
o outside

succes with Spalt :)

Last edited:
Hi Pete, some things don't need an update, just use it
Last month I have updated the entire real Black Forest route
with trainzbernd catenary, 75km all with zigzag, tensioners etc.

Are these the adjustable assets?? There were some that had a nice pop up box to select all the details....

Dont have a manual sadly Rico and yes its quite complex
if there is one it might be on Trainz.de

Think i worked with a picklist and only used a small subset
as I recall this type of catenary was used in Schwaningerland (0.8?) the original on the DLS
which I have made just as good as the payware In TRS22 but then for TRS19 100240

The big cat-portal spanning 8 tracks is called
quertragwerk qtb13 850 o

as you can see I use my Surveyor 1.1 with expanded list and larger viewer
to do catenary work.

the most important code to make the zigzag
i inside
o outside

succes with Spalt :)
@G.M. -

Thanks for the tips. Is the expanded Surveyor menu in TRS2019, or 22? I can't find a setting to change in 19.
I did load up Schwaningerland and used it as a guide for getting matching part codes for Spalt.

I'm slowly getting the hang of the system, little flashes of incite as I'm building and rebuilding sections help to get a handle on the coding system.

Most annoying part of my build, so far, is finding and getting to work, the parts for the curved in-out sections of my yards. Where each track joins into the entrance and exit tracks.

There are plenty of ausleger parts and mast parts (track objects to work with, but they don't work well, much less line up properly with the curved sections of trackage, and there is only a very limited set of scenery versions of the auslegers to work with.

This makes building these sections a real pain in the butt, LOL.

I had to paint the terrain under the tracks with a snow texture, so I could actually SEE the wires, and junctions. Helps alot !

image.png

Rico

Last edited:
Back