track is just 2 lines of white dashes

funnnyfarm

I downloaded a route from the down load station and a lot of the track is just 2 lines of white dashes. How do I get the track back? In the route a few assets that have to be edited. So I edit them and now a few say Open for edit, Payware. How do I get them? Thanks funnnyfarm

Hi,

That means you don't have track asset installed - usually by downloading the route again it will search for all missing assets but if it's payware you won't find it on the DLS.
You should still be able to find the KUID though - it may be worth posting it here or Googling it and seeing if anytihng turns up?

Cheers,

PLP

Open for edit payware, right click revert to original. Just means you have tried to overwrite a payware item with the same version.

If you can't find the track, and only the track is a white spline you can try this:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]The dashed white lines isn't "a missing asset" - it's the asset that Trainz turns to when it can't find the asset it is supposed to draw there. These white lines are, in themselves, an asset. You can find this asset in CM. It's called "Missing spline", and it's by Rob.

Open it for edit.
Open the asset folder and change the KUID from <kuid:523:1124:2> to <kuid2:523:1124:3>, and remove the whole privileges container (containing the line "permit-listing 0").
Save and close the config.txt
Close the folder.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]When done editing, you n[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]eed to change .texture file using PEV's Images2TGA.
[/FONT][/FONT]

Install that asset as if it were a new asset - e.g. drag the folder in Windows explorer back onto the CM. Optionally,
use the install content option.

Once it's installed, revert the original one (you can't commit changes to it as it's a built-in asset).

Result: The dashed white lines now show up in the menu, and can be selected just like any other track spline. You could lay some down if you wanted. More to the point, you can now use the 'replace items' tool to change them to any track spline you have installed...

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Also don't panic when the creator is shown as AURAN. I hope this helps some one. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Back