Three Questions About Amtrak

kmothersil

Guys I got three questions about Amtrak. If anyone will be willing to answer these that will clear three large thorns that have been on my back for a while.

Question 1: Why did the Silver service go from 12 cars or more to 10?

Before
stuff2081.jpg

After
Movie%2057%20018_0001.jpg

Question 2 : Why were these removed from the Silver Service and other trains?
IMG_3623.jpg

Question 3: How come these are no longer on the Heartland Flyer?
AMTK%2039952%20SAG%20040106%2001.jpg

If anyone responds to this thank you.:cool:

1) No MHC's or dorm cars. Interesting, though, that it went from 1 to 2 P42's.

2) Budget cuts. The crew now sleeps in a vacant compartment(s) in the Viewliners.

3) Is that a transition dorm? If so, see above.

The fourth picture is a high level coach that the Heartland flyer was using until late 2007. Now they have three superliners instead of one.

The fourth picture is a high level coach that the Heartland flyer was using until late 2007. Now they have three superliners instead of one.

Ah. I don't know why they have 3 instead of one, but I do know that it was a system-wide phasing out of the hi-levels. Coincidentally, most of them wound up at Gateway. ;)

Silver Service has roughly the same consist minus the Dorm Lounge. Most of those are now completely out of service minus the two that are now company service cars. And the heartland flyer lost the El Capitan coaches because of the 50 year frame inspection. Amtrak can't afford to continue to use them at this point in time. They were really nice inside though.

Silver Service has roughly the same consist minus the Dorm Lounge. Most of those are now completely out of service minus the two that are now company service cars. And the heartland flyer lost the El Capitan coaches because of the 50 year frame inspection. Amtrak can't afford to continue to use them at this point in time. They were really nice inside though.

So to sum up....Budget cuts.

peter

All I got say is that who ever becomes president I hope they will take good care of Amtrak and help it out with it's problems.

I sure miss those cars. I even have a model of a dorm lnge in phase 4. Also, why is the Crdinal so short? 6 cars is unreal!

Davis

Back