thinking of quitting

madara123

i thik i shoudl quit trainz because they dont care bout any of the problems in trainz sim i bet they just tiddle there thumbs because the content mnager is acting very slowly for the past 5 days

Your puter is probably congested, only thing I can think of for your content manager to be slow, unless you mean the DLS page? which has been lagging for a few days.

maybe its a 500 gb hard drive pc plus i havnt defrag this pc in months plus i cnt clean the **** out of it ether ill try to cclean it and try again

can understand your frustration try than to imagine mine....tens of thousands of hours and treated like NK citizen only praise don't constructively critize them you get punished one way or another.
CMP is fast real fast again since yesterday.

their server and provider is probably at their limit when everyone goes online at the same time...... same everywhere on the internet..
let it settle and go back after a few days, while I am testing the latest "fix" and move on monday to business as usual and enjoy what i am doing despite them making it look different.

Roy

Perhaps, it is time for NV3, or Auran, or whomever runs this show, to migrate to faster, newer and probably cheaper datacenter. Global locations instead of housed in one central spot. Amazon, anybody? Google? Third party?

Perhaps, it is time for NV3, or Auran, or whomever runs this show, to migrate to faster, newer and probably cheaper datacenter. Global locations instead of housed in one central spot. Amazon, anybody? Google? Third party?

Please n3v, read this and please do it ^^^

If Trainz were to crash tomorrow or even just run slowly I'd still play it because I have an E-Machine which I de-frag every night to be sure she'll still run trainz. I have to have a relationship with my computer to get it to process this high detailed stuff.

It works, just learn it, take a class on script writing, Find a way to make it bend to your submission and after you've climb the moutain and screamed at the top of your lungs, cheer cause your a super hero. So don't turn back, keep climbing trainzer!

Even if I need to re-download everything or start a new, Trainz is a lifestyle and I know I'm hooked for life!

If you leave and find youself coming back again, or cussing out Auran, just to say sorry later, it's ok. Remember in 100 years, whats it going to matter rather it ran fast or slow! Cheers, wish you would stay, William

I have a 1st class ticket and I know, I'm not getting my money's worth! With what I have said to them,N3v I'm surprised I haven't been banned from here. but many people here are ticked off and it is their fault!

I at one time felt the same way, but trainz ultimately gets so interesting and fun that only certain things can make one leave. I hope you'll remain with us, and as Baz66 said, be patient with the team at Auran. They do the best they can, considering there are people from all over the world that play this sim.

If you are frustrated with Trainz try another take on it, learn 3D creation. Then you'll really get frustrated... haha.
But if you are bored with one thing try something else, I did and I am enjoying Trainz again. Okay, I don't make routes much mainly because I have no time to do it as all my time is spend in Gmax (but you could use Blender just as well) making content.

Angela

I have a 1st class ticket and I know, I'm not getting my money's worth! With what I have said to them,N3v I'm surprised I haven't been banned from here. but many people here are ticked off and it is their fault!

As far as your FCT & the DLS is concerned, that's down to a cheapskate yank company who think using secondhand & substandard equipment for their servers, just to make a few more cents profit, is a good idea.
Maybe N3v should change to another server base, there are a few good European companies who would welcome the extra custom.

In the last 6 years, I have been unable to download on just 4 sparse occasions, (that's 2190 days of satisfied customer, able to download, at almost any time I want).

I think some are inventing complaints.

I never quit ... I'm a "Divin' My Train" with reckless abandon !

Whoo Who !

Last edited:
Me I am an old fart, well little past middle aged, and was born around the time when people appreciated the efforts of others and didnt go around screaming at people when things went wrong. Its a sad fact of todays youth. I do doubt the they are making much money considering todays current climate and the fact it is only sales that are keeping them going, So cut them a bit of slack. Now of course if you are an " expert" maybe a guru than why dont you offer your services for free to fix all there problems. I have just installed SP1 and so far no real issues , but i dont play teh sim much. Had to do a reinstall as patch gave me an error. Just backed it all up and fresh install all went fine. Just take a look at FSX with the just released q400 majestic, and you think this went bad. Thnaks NV for all your work from one happy customer who feels your pain.

What he said ... I like him !

Ol' Farts unite ... in support of N3V ! (We never quit ... we just linger about).

Complacently muttering to himself ... off into the sunset ... HmmmMiDee HmmmMiDee Hummm ...

Last edited:
N3V servers have been very slow in looking up my username and password when I start CM. Sometimes it doesn't authenticate at all, after trying for more than a minute. Then I close CM, wait for Taddaemon to close, then restart. Usually that fixes the problem. I would think that this is related to slow DL speeds in CM as well.

Me I am an old fart, well little past middle aged, and was born around the time when people appreciated the efforts of others and didn't go around screaming at people when things went wrong. Its a sad fact of today's youth. I do doubt the they are making much money considering todays current climate and the fact it is only sales that are keeping them going, So cut them a bit of slack. Now of course if you are an " expert" maybe a guru than why don't you offer your services for free to fix all there problems. I have just installed SP1 and so far no real issues , but i don't play teh sim much. Had to do a reinstall as patch gave me an error. Just backed it all up and fresh install all went fine. Just take a look at FSX with the just released q400 majestic, and you think this went bad. Thanks NV for all your work from one happy customer who feels your pain.

What he said:eek:
Gerry
68&11/12s

WARNING: tl:dr zone.

I took a long break from Trainz, and upon returning while some things have changed, both for good and maybe not so good, some things haven't, again both for good and probably not so good. I don't know how Auran became N3V, but it looks like they are essentially the same, a small company providing a niche product to a relatively small but dedicated and fanatical customer base encompassing most of the world as we know it.I'm guessing their resources are limited, with not a lot of budgetary freedom. Since it seems they as a group actually use the product to some degree, that helps as opposed to a company that really just puts it out there with little regard for how it actually works.

The best aspect of Trainz is also it's most frustrating: the ability to customize it to our preferences, to create essentially anything we want in our little cartoon world and to even shape the future of the game itself. If you like creating and fiddling, tinkering under the hood and figuring stuff out, Trainz is for you. If you are like me and really aren't interested in doing all that and just wnt to start up and run your trains, all those fiddlers make it easy to do so with all sorts of great stuff, but when issues crop up it can be frustrating because we aren't apt to try to fix things ourselves. We have to be hopeful that creators will take the time to do it.

The introduction of SP1 is a pivotal point for Trainz I think. The developers have decided to tighten up the standards for content creation...good for us all in the long run, but painful in the short term. This could have been avoided by tightening up those standards long ago, but that's water under the bridge. Hopefully, creators will answer the call and already some have, quite promptly. It will take some time and some may never, but the few items that will be discarded will no doubt be small compared to all the new things we will have moving forward.

I do think the developers seriously dropped the ball by just springing SP1 on everyone, with no mention of the consequences. Giving advance notice of changes needed would have gone a long way to alleviate all the kvetching and hand wringing now going on.

For me, SP1 went in with no real issues. I don't usually go out on the bleeding edge of things, but since I just came back and didn't have a lot of stuff to worry about losing, I figured I'd take the plunge. Most of my stuff works as it did before, what payware and DLC I have have been installed and repaired when needed. My only complaint is the sound loss issue that's ee documented, hopefully that will be corrected. The whole server situation is frustrating, but again, all I can suggest is being patient, and making your concerns known in a calm and reasonable manner. I do think N3V cares and is listening.

snip~ I do think N3V cares and is listening.
I do think they care ... they must all be RR hobbyists / RR affecton-ado's just like us ... Why else would they come up with a RR Game ... A RR game is not exactly the biggest money making video game niche (specialized market) as there are only just so many RR affecftion-ados in the world.

I know that they care, that you care, that they care, about caring for you ...

Last edited:
Back