thinking of getting trainz 2012

sir_plewsy

I Like Trainz
hi all

Im thinking of getting trainz 2012 would it be best for me to download it off steam or to get a hard copy

regards

sir_plewsy

That would depend on whether you want to use the Multiplayer feature or not - personally, it's better getting it from Simulator Central if possible to avoid potential problems later if you do decide to use Multiplayer.

Shane

Hi,I have trainz 2006 and trainz 2012 for the PC but i've moved onto a Mac now ,can anyone tell me if I get the Mac version will I be able to download all the content from the download station for use with a Mac?,thanks

I have a bunch of games. I buy most on sale on Steam. I find it convenient and even find the Workshop nice for games like Civ V.

However, Trainz has the CM, so doesn't need or use the Workshop. I had patching issues with 2009 long ago. I am not sure how up-to-date the Steam patches are compared to patches for the stand-alone. Of course, Steam makes patching a bit easier, but perhaps that is more the case for games that are not designed so much as stand-alone.

So, if you want to buy games, I personally recommend Steam. If you want to buy Trainz, I recommend going direct.

Also, if you are willing to wait a couple of weeks, perhaps you should check out the Kickstarter page. There are some nice deals with Get Trainz Now (the current 2012 version) and the next version when it comes out. I know this is more expensive now, but ultimately a price savings if you think you will want the new version later on.

If not, it is on sale now both places, and might be a bit cheaper on Steam, but that might depend on locality too.

Hi,I have trainz 2006 and trainz 2012 for the PC but i've moved onto a Mac now ,can anyone tell me if I get the Mac version will I be able to download all the content from the download station for use with a Mac?,thanks

Most of the content will work, apart from content that requires TS12 or TS12 SP1 built-in content (which you could use your TS12 version for). Be aware though that most third-party tools will not work on a Mac system.

Shane

Consider pledging to Kickstarter

hi all

Im thinking of getting trainz 2012 would it be best for me to download it off steam or to get a hard copy

regards

sir_plewsy

Hi sir_plewsy:

Why don't you consider pledging to the Trainz A New Era Kickstarter intitiative. For a $50 AUD pledge you can take advantage of the "Get-Trainz-Now Selection and choose Trainz 2012 later next month. You also get the full Trainz: a new era when it comes out next December 2014!:D

More information can be found here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/426668601/trainz-simulator-a-new-era-create-drive-operate-sh

Cheers,

Derek

Back