Thinking about buying TRS22

ajrf

Make Trainz Great Again
Hello. Today I'm turning 32, and I thought that after some hiatus, I feel like turning back to Trainz, and taking into account that this year I've upgraded my almost 7-year old PC and that after that upgrade the Track lod tree bugs found on splines here, here and here, I've decided to give TRS22 a chance as a present for my birthday. The point is if that bug has went away after TRS19 SP4 as reported here or it still persists (or even I'll face more rendering bugs). I hope to find here any guidance from other users.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I hope that mods don't find this post offensive in any way.

TRS22 is an upgrade over TRS19 with better performance and those bugs appear to be fixed in TRS22.

If you are planning on getting TRS22, go with TRS22PE. TRS22PE will give you the new Surveyor 2.0. If you want to go full Monty, check out the subscription based Plus with a whole lot more. There are advantages and disadvantages to this version.

The latest beta fixes many bugs reported previously and this will make the TRS22 family better.

Hey John: I have not been building for a long time but am getting the itch again and see I can pick up TRS22PE for a great price. Does the 2.0 really make it that much easier to build routes? I have been trying to find stuff on UT and online but I have not found anything, and you build routes if I remember correctly.

Thanks

Does the 2.0 really make it that much easier to build routes?
From me the short answer is a definite YES. The longer answer is still YES but there is a long and steep learning curve from Surveyor Classic.

In my case I now only use Surveyor Classic for the occasional bookmark and the Bulk Asset Update/Replace features but the latest Trainz Plus beta release now includes a early version of the Bulk Asset Update/Replace feature in S2.0

From me the short answer is a definite YES. The longer answer is still YES but there is a long and steep learning curve from Surveyor Classic.

In my case I now only use Surveyor Classic for the occasional bookmark and the Bulk Asset Update/Replace features but the latest Trainz Plus beta release now includes a early version of the Bulk Asset Update/Replace feature in S2.0
Thanks for the info. BTW the Trainz forum looks real strange now, no colour or anything, is it like this for everyone or just my computer?

***Ah found a 2.0 full tutorial by AM on UT, will watch that and decide.***

Last edited:
Back