DEM Earthworks

How does the real world deal with intersections on slopes? If one road is slanted and the other road flat, when they join is the part where they join flat or sloped?
In the real world, they have an infinite number of mesh points to deal with and can fill in, and create intersections on a slope because they are not fixed objects.

The intersections on a slope near me are generally on a flat. The road that follows the slope will be on a shelf cut into the hill. The road crossing the slope will join the intersection transitioning from slope to flat and back to slope.

The intersections on a slope near me are generally on a flat. The road that follows the slope will be on a shelf cut into the hill. The road crossing the slope will join the intersection transitioning from slope to flat and back to slope.
Sometime it's that way but not in my area. Here's River Street at junction of Washington Street and the Comeau Bridge. This "slight" grade goes on for a distance down River Street and Washington Street is pretty steep and continues under the RR bridge located to the right. The slope is fun in the winter with cars sliding as they attempt to go through the intersection after coming to a stop.

Back