The Illinois Railway Museum Route

While I was working on my route decided to set this up for a quick screenshot at Barn 2. All (except the the C&NW F unit and the modified Santa Fe engine that has ARN) are available to purchase or download from the following website and here is a list. (Note this is just a example of just mentioning of whats has already been modeled for Trainz that IRM has in their collection and this is not a release announcement)

Burlington Northern Executive Units BN 1 and 2 - Available at Trainz Forge (Freeware)
Milwaukee Road Fairbanks Morris H10-44 - Made by DaveSnow (DLS Freeware)
Chicago Burlington & Quincy E5A #9911 "Sliver Pilot" - Made By Landrvr1 (DLS Freeware)
Burlington Northern U30C #5383 - Made By NorfolkSouthern37, Available at Jointed Rail (Freeware)
Illinois Terminal GP7 #1605 - Made by Wearsprada, Available at Jointed Rail (Payware)
Chicago & North Western GP7 #4160 - Made by Wearsprada, Available at Jointed Rail (Payware)
Wisconsin Central SD45 #7525 - Made by NorfolkSouthern37, Available at Jointed Rail (Payware)

ecbbe97b1953313a6ca8e5fea1a47789.jpg

Last edited:
Storage Barns #13 and #14 are available for download on my site. Kuids #103 and #104. Both barns are basically the same with the only exception of the signs.

c0a7ffd2723b10fcf4fe0da5aa637b0c.jpg

b281646dbe5a17021a4d62bdef34b6be.jpg

Barns 13 and 14 are in place but I found out that they are a bit short, BDW1964 will update these barns before we move onto Barn 15 (Which is the same size as Barn 13 and 14)

efde4ecb133f65c8193b29e1174ad56f.jpg

I have a correction to make. My metra f7 is not yet available for download. I need to get approved by auran first. I'm new to content creating, so this is what happens when you assume!:hehe: I went to the preview area and submitted it for approval. Here's to hoping it gets approved!

When i was there just recently this past July, the turntable has been fixed up and now sets next to the storage tracks and coaling stage. They're focusing on the roundhouse fund so they can get all the locos in out of the weather, including one big SP 2-10-2 that would be quite something if it were to return to service. And the 1630 is still going strong. I have a video of her on my youtube channel.

Good Evening Everyone, We are 4 Barns away from modeling all of them before we can move onto other structures. Many Thanks to BlackDimond1964 for helping me get to this point, my project owes a lot to his efforts.

517280b26200fa3a4230b9f5cbbec776.jpg

Last edited:
Found this in one of the IRM newsletters and this just goes to show you how much property the Illinois Railway Museums owns and how the mainline is still has yet to be extended further. Right now the mainline ends just west of Kishwaukee River and has yet to still build tracks over the river and build to the future end of the museums planned end of track just east of Coyne Station Road.

dbb2891dc4351cd4f45012e536fb83e6.jpg

Last edited:
Got an update from PWeiser on the Electroliner project, here is what he said to me in a PM and I quote...

"Just finished the basic shape for the Electroliner (the mid-train cars are easy, just a straight extrude from the ends with various windows).

6cbfd1041efc26a2d1eca17bfedff0ad.jpg

I think it captures the semi-flat areas around the aft cab windows.

137a67ca277be2da969d10de55997566.jpg

Also the slight "forehead" bulge that can be seen on the prototype from some angles.

That was the fun part - playing with digital Pla-doh. Now on to the detailing and painting... Next fun will be trolley poles that bend, but straighten when they're up... plus retractor cables, if possible."

Thanks BlackDiamond1964 for working on the soon to be built Barn 15, which will help making me finish the newly completed Trackwork that was done in that area that the current Google Map Imagery does not show at the present moment. :)

a54a25359c4499bcc4e7562127de57eb.jpg

Next up will be Barn 10 and then the Steam Shop, then followed by the both the Trolley Bus Barn and then the Garage.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of progress today, I was at a Golf Tournament today and Blackdiamond1964 was taking the day off we will be back at work tomorrow morning.

Back