tack spline attachments flashing red

For some reason I cannot attach two types of tracks.

I am working on a layout that has a mainline I'm using TRS19 Trk JARRA-Procedural Seasonal

For the yard/steam engine servicing section I'm using Yard 1t

However when I try to connect them I get a flashing red spline attachment.

why?

Does it make a difference which one is already in place and which one you are joining to it? Just wondering if it is a sort of bridge/track type thing.

The tracks that form the junction must ALL be procedural for the special features (animated blades, frogs, check rails) to appear. Otherwise the red circle spline will be present and the junction will appear and operate like a normal non-procedural junction.

Does it make a difference which one is already in place and which one you are joining to it? Just wondering if it is a sort of bridge/track type thing.

no, apparently it doesn't matter if it's the same track. I was trying to connect my mainline to my yard, and after switching to a different mainline style it worked, but the "YARD 1T" got all fussy and the spline points didn't connect now! The track is totally level and i let the program join the two tracks and it all looks good. I come back to it and darn thing is blinking again! UGH this is aggravating.

The tracks that form the junction must ALL be procedural for the special features (animated blades, frogs, check rails) to appear. Otherwise the red circle spline will be present and the junction will appear and operate like a normal non-procedural junction.

I tried running a train over a red flashing spline point and it kept ignoring the fact it was switched. I may just give up on the "YARD 1T" track and go it something different, that matches the mainline track.

I tried running a train over a red flashing spline point and it kept ignoring the fact it was switched. I may just give up on the "YARD 1T" track and go it something different, that matches the mainline track.

Hmmm. I just tested your exact setup, with the same track. I was able direct the train along both paths by setting the switch.

Back