Switch Lantern Texture Errors

I downloaded "Low switch stand l" and there were a few problems I fixed. However, after I committed changes, I opened the Errors and Warnings window, and the warnings listed were:

Error: Texture 'lowswitchstandl1/chrome.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'lowswitchstandl1\lowswitchstandl1.im'.
Error: Texture 'lowswitchstandl2/chrome.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'lowswitchstandl2\lowswitchstandl2.im'.

So I went into the folders and looked in the chrome.texture.txt files for both folders. The .txt files were written correctly and referred to the correct image file. I still have the error.

These are easily fixed. The texture was placed in the wrong slot in GMax when they were created.

Use PEVSoft PM2IM to fix this. You run this on each *.im file, one at a time, and let the program overwrite the one that exists. (I can't remember if you're prompted for this or not.

Peter, one of our outstanding memebers here, has written some awesome utilities. Here's the link.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~villaump/pevsoft.htm

John

You will need to open PM2IM from it's shortcut then turn on the 'strip textures' mode - it's in one of the menus.

You then need to open the problem asset for edit then click File > Open in PM2IM then select the .im file mentioned in the error. PM2IM will then do it's job, then you can recommit the asset.

Shane

Back