Surveyor frustration

Ron_Smith

I have been using surveyor since 2004 and have enjoyed every moment up to TRS2012. TRS2019 gets more frustrating every time I use it - WHY is the basic ground "green grass or some rubbish" and not a grid pattern which has been used for years to help constructing routes ????
Perhaps I'm getting too old to cope with some of the "optimisations".

Ron

That's going to be fixed in 19 in next beta or "soon". In '22 you can chose between texture or grid. '19 got "bugged" somehow - will soon have grid again (or option).
I believe this to be the case... others can verify.

I believe this to be the case... others can verify.

Correct. You will be able to choose the texture you want, including the traditional grid or other grids that are or will be available - the "grid" pattern is actually just a texture anyway.

Thanks everyone - in Surveyor it is possible to use "replace bulk" tool and select the "grass" and the "grid pattern" and hey presto fixed.

Ron

GM, I download your region CDP, but am getting an error: Skipping validation as asset is incompatible. I'm on SP3 (111951). Any clues?

its for SP5 beta and above where we will be forced to use green grass instead of the grid in TRS19
in TRS22 we get the choice from the menu
the included groundtexture you can use in any version, but just as a texture

Thanks GM - I downloaded and tried your grid and region asset - good stuff !!
It's great to think there is always someone with an answer - very often NOT our esteemed developers.

Ron

It's great to think there is always someone with an answer - very often NOT our esteemed developers.

That is what these forums are for - the community helping the community. The developers are spending their valuable time working on improving and updating the product as they should be, and not trawling through the forums reading posts.

My opinions.

Last edited:
Back