Surveyor 2.0 - How to rotate including terrain and textures

schweitzerdude

I built a small town and then thought: "This is good - I want to use it somewhere else as well.

Both Surveyor Classic and S2.0 allow you to copy the entire town, including terrain and textures. I did that off to the side somewhere. Now, I want to rotate the entire town by 35 degrees. To do this, you must do it in S2.0. Although group rotation works fine for objects and splines, the rotation result does not include the terrain, water, or textures.

Has anyone found a way to do this?

Not so, all objects, textures, and the grid can be rotated.

John

You are right on the textures - I was mistaken.

And it looks like stagecoach is correct as well about rotating the terrain at 90 degrees which Surveyor Classic does well, and I'm sure S2.0 can do it although I haven't tried that.

So bottom line, it seems that rotating terrain at other than 90-degree increments is not possible at the current time. Thanks to both for their responses.

You are right on the textures - I was mistaken.

And it looks like stagecoach is correct as well about rotating the terrain at 90 degrees which Surveyor Classic does well, and I'm sure S2.0 can do it although I haven't tried that.

So bottom line, it seems that rotating terrain at other than 90-degree increments is not possible at the current time. Thanks to both for their responses.

Terr, including rivers can be rotate in increments other than 90 in S2.0

John

John

I think the terrain has to be rotated 90 degrees because it is tied ground file height points. Might be possible when ultra resolution terrain is introduced.

Back