Surprise problems with build 110491

I did a lot of little modifications to one of my favorite routes and I would do short term testing of my " open-ended session ". Now that I am trying to drive the route for an extended time I see that after saving my progress and coming back the next day to pick up where I left off, my AI traffic no longer emits from the portals. I had set up a bunch of portals with different trains to also use the CPC instant emit on trigger feature and that works swell as long as I start and drive continuously but it also will not work after saving and re-starting the session!

I experimented with pausing and putting my comp to sleep and that works for a couple hours but if I let it sleep over night, then everything works well except that there is NO sound and I don't know how to get that back!

Wld Willy the Wacko

I did a lot of little modifications to one of my favorite routes and I would do short term testing of my " open-ended session ". Now that I am trying to drive the route for an extended time I see that after saving my progress and coming back the next day to pick up where I left off, my AI traffic no longer emits from the portals. I had set up a bunch of portals with different trains to also use the CPC instant emit on trigger feature and that works swell as long as I start and drive continuously but it also will not work after saving and re-starting the session!

I experimented with pausing and putting my comp to sleep and that works for a couple hours but if I let it sleep over night, then everything works well except that there is NO sound and I don't know how to get that back!

Wld Willy the Wacko
Never Ever EVER put your computer to sleep with a Game Running It will cause major problems including sound loss to the game and computer..... As you have stated you have NO sound from the game because you put the computer to sleep overnight and that caused major problems.. Now to get your sound back Requires a complete shutdown of the game and Do not save the game before you shutdown the game.. After Shutting down the game completely to Desktop, RESTART the computer and let it boot up completely and Let the apps you have installed boot up completely before Lauching the Game.... Third and Final step Launch the game and let it load up then load your route with the session and let it run.. Following these steps should bring your sound back.. If you want to test the sound out First load up your music player or youtube if you have that and watch or listen to music and see if the sound came back, if its back your Golden, if not could be a sound card or sound Driver issue This is Number 1 issue to not put the computer to sleep with a game running...
Hope this helps
Retro..
If you need further help send me a message and i will get you the further help needed to solve your issue

The game was not running when I put my comp to sleep , it was paused. My comp has no problem with sound it was the game that lost the ability to produce sound and if I start the original session it works fine.
I really want an answer to why the portals stop working? I think I will try going into surveyor to do a save giving it a new name like " MySession2" and see if the portals work when I come back the next day to continue from where I left off. It seems like that is exactly what I did after making a modification to the original and saving and that always worked. It is just scary to think I will mess my original with it's starting point.

Willy

The game was not running when I put my comp to sleep , it was paused. My comp has no problem with sound it was the game that lost the ability to produce sound and if I start the original session it works fine.
I really want an answer to why the portals stop working? I think I will try going into surveyor to do a save giving it a new name like " MySession2" and see if the portals work when I come back the next day to continue from where I left off. It seems like that is exactly what I did after making a modification to the original and saving and that always worked. It is just scary to think I will mess my original with it's starting point.

Willy
Nothing to add in terms of a fix, but the game is still very much open and running when 'paused.' So as Retrorails stated, probably not a good idea to put your computer to sleep in this state.

So if "the game is still very much open and running when 'paused.'" why is everything else working except sound when I wake it up?

In addition, I always wondered why a lot of other games seemed to crash while paused instead of when they were working the computer seemingly harder while actually playing?

Trainz seemed to be very different in that I could pause it for long periods of time without it crashing, like, I can go eat dinner and come back to the man-cave and pick up where I left off with no problems. Even when I was experimenting with the sleep mode I could put it to sleep for a couple hours and come back and still had everything including sound. So I just don't understand the instruction " Don't ever put a computer to sleep with a game running".

Willy

What happened is the game lost its connection to the sound driver. Once that occurs, it loses the sound completely because it can't find the hardware any longer. This issue is also seen with Bluetooth headsets that go to sleep and it not only affects Trainz but other games and programs that connect to the sound hardware.

I tried to save through surveyor as I stated earlier and to my surprise, that did not work, I must have done that wrong and I need to try that again.

I did go on to do some more testing where I paused the game but did not put my comp. to sleep and when I left it over night I just cut the power to my monitor and then turned on the power the next time I wanted to continue driving my session.

I found that the same happened as I first reported and it seems like a long pause causes the sound to stop but I don't know how long of a pause kills the sound I know an hour or two doesn't do it to me!

Wild Willy the Wacko

It's still probably a timeout type of thing going on. I'm not sure if saving your driving session works okay, it's been buggy, but you might want to try that. This will allow you to exit completely and come back in any time without losing your sound. When you start up again, it'll be where you left off.

It's still probably a timeout type of thing going on. I'm not sure if saving your driving session works okay, it's been buggy, but you might want to try that. This will allow you to exit completely and come back in any time without losing your sound. When you start up again, it'll be where you left off.
You may be forgetting what I originally said brought on this discussion:

"I see that after saving my progress and coming back the next day to pick up where I left off, my AI traffic no longer emits from the portals. I had set up a bunch of portals with different trains to also use the CPC instant emit on trigger feature and that works swell as long as I start and drive continuously but it also will not work after saving and re-starting the session!"

I wish it were as you say but it just don't work thanks to the wonderful updates we get!

Wild Willy the Wacko

You may be forgetting what I originally said brought on this discussion:

"I see that after saving my progress and coming back the next day to pick up where I left off, my AI traffic no longer emits from the portals. I had set up a bunch of portals with different trains to also use the CPC instant emit on trigger feature and that works swell as long as I start and drive continuously but it also will not work after saving and re-starting the session!"

I wish it were as you say but it just don't work thanks to the wonderful updates we get!

Wild Willy the Wacko
I missed it in between getting interrupted a gazillion times after reading the first post. I wish it wasn't true either. I've been fighting with AI that just stop at green lights because they can. Using Continue Schedule, they stop eating their lunch and continue on with traffic backed up behind them - this is a trolley line so you can imagine what's sitting waiting to pull into the station they've stopped at.

Back