Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

e72438f3ed7a6fd4634933e6ba3c22a4.jpg
116e110480ff5f412351d68a75f964bc.jpg
I'd love to see re-namable depots from JR. Also, I can easily provide detail shots of the Amtrak station in Austin, TX. It would also be cool to see signs that clip onto pre-existings depots, like this...

Last edited:
What about improved horns for the UP SD70M's? I've heard a lot of UP SD70M horns IRL, and not one of them sounded like the current ones.
In my 15 years of watching UP trains, I've probably heard several SD70M horns that sound like that one... (If you live a distance away from the tracks, and can only hear the horns, motors, and not see the trains, then you're only assuming that one particular horn is that of an SD70M, because you heard one on an SD70M, wait until you hear the one with a K3HL, the one with a K5HL, and even better, one with a K5LLA (That's a popular replacement, probably 3 or 4 of them with those on em... Every SD70 should have one). Yes, I've heard those on SD70M's, and I find it amazing every time.) You forget that A: Not all K3LA's sound alike, B: That every SD70M has a K3LA, which it doesn't as mentioned above, and you totally forget that SD60M's, SD40-2's, SD9043MAC's, AC4460CW's (Just one or two though, most are K3HL's) and AC4400CW's have K3LA's as well. Plus since Trainz uses Recordings to make hornsounds, depending what device was recording it, it might sound different, so, I think you get the point.

Sure.

I can also provide these.

What's interesting is I dug thru the Amtrak Graphic Signage Standards Manual (tis the book that says what signs to use where & their dimensions) and the big long Station Identifier sign (the second picture) isn't in the book. Must be a type of sign their discontinuing. Albeit I didn't look at all 240 pages.

The smaller sign is a Type C20 sign. It's on my list of things to make out of the book, but it's much further down & I haven't been working on that list too often lately.

These is just about ready for release... if I ever get around to it:
render%205.jpg~original

peter

Correction: found the missing one, they stuck it in with platform number signs. Tis type A1a.

Last edited:
i would agree, but since that is available elsewhere they should make others like heavyweight and streamliners, not just WP... bi-levels, pullmans, budd, etc....

New Amtrak equipment, like ACF baggage cars, Viewliner 2, new Superliners would all be welcomed to complement their stunning P42DCs!

Just the other day I was looking on the DLS and was shocked to see there are no pulpwood racks at all! Well other than some converted from boxcar ones. But for real pulpwood racks nope not a one, no pulpwood of the short kind as would go on these cars either.

pictures%5C47265%5CSOU%20140182%20031911.jpg

Some of these in some southern US roadnames would look mighty fine behind JR's already great Southern locos.

How about highways with different car speed versions and different shaped exits called "Highwayz"
And maybe USA Regions Based on traffic from each state?

How about highways with different car speed versions and different shaped exits called "Highwayz"
And maybe USA Regions Based on traffic from each state?

Regions are extremely easy to make. Just plop the desired cars in the config and bam!

Back