Strange Drive To Bug?

Roadwolf

Route Engineer
Upon opening a session, I issue a Drive to Trackmark command to a locomotive, which previously worked fine. However now the locomotive just sits there, and the bogeys or wheels disappear! I can't even move it manually. Now every time I start a session on that layout it does the same thing, with any locomotive and any trackmark. Even if I delete the session and start a new session with new rolling stock.

Any hints what it could be?

It doesn't seem to be rolling stock based, as if I keep the map, and delete all the rolling stock, and add a new train, it will do the same thing.

It has happened to me before a few months ago, but I was able to fix it somehow, I wish I was able to remember how, lol.

Seemed to happen after I made my yard a priority 3. The mainline was unchanged tho, so I am not sure. At the time I also deleted a few locomotives on the route which i was using to testing.

I have gone into the menu and 'deleted all missing assets' on the map with no luck.

Having this happen again. Was working fine until today. The only work I did today to the route was texturing and adding some trees, then I went to drive a single CPR 44 ton switcher through the route and the trucks dissapeared and the train wouldnt move in 'Drive' commands. It also seemed to have a very hard time moving in manual.. and wouldn't move at all after I did 'drive'.

I figured it was a corrupt session again, so I deleted the session, since it was just a work in progress testing session anyhow.. and i created a fresh new session with a single locomotive, and boom, same thing. doesn't matter where I start the train either. there is a good 26 km length which is signaled properly and such. ya figure if it is a faulty track joint or something, the train should still move down most of the track?

Also went and deleted missing assets and such. The problem persists... I am at a loss as to what to do, 2 weeks of route building is now corrupted? I dunno... please help?

Hi Roadwolf,

It seems like your map is corrupted. I have had this happen somtimes but not very often, in my case it was just a bad load, the map itself was ok but didn't load properly. Try closing down eveything and doing a cold reboot of the computer, it might help.

Cheers,
Bill69

ah yes that seems to have helpped. I usually dont shut down the computer often, so maybe i should think of that next time, sorry for freaking out :)

Thanks! :)

Back