Stop end of train at trackmark

Dap

Prototype Operations Guru
Does anyone know of a driver command that will stop a forward moving train when the last car reaches or clears a specific trackmark?

David - There is an e-mail for you with a couple of assets to try.

Regards - Trevor

Last edited:
Peter - There is an e-mail for you with a couple of assets to try.

Regards - Trevor

:( As I am not in your email listing could you please explain the requirements to allow the train to run on until the last vehicle passes the trackmark.

Thanks in advance to you and so many others who make the forums such a mine of information and humour.
Helian 43

Purely as an aside :As I have today preordered TANE, at which date does my free 6 month FCT commence as I still have many months still to run on my existing one.

FCTs normally have to be activated ('commenced') manually so it would be at the point you activate it (although you may not have it yet though).

Shane

@helian43 - The normal use of a trackmark is for the train to drive until it enters the trackmark. There is a driver command <kuid:131986:1054> which monitors a specified junction and stops the train when it leaves that junction. The variation that I made monitors a trackmark instead of a junction.

The main issue is that the stopping point varies greatly, depending on the mass of the train, its speed, its length, and the braking effort of the loco. Measures need to be put in place to limit the speed of the train at the time when "the end is nigh".

Hope that answers your question - och aye?

Trev999,
Thanks for your reply. I will stick with the drive to command as I followed a tip by another op (CCR I believe) and amended all my junctions to be just a . (full stop) Bad mistake as they would all need renumbering to use the driver command <kuid:131986:1054>.
An English man living in Scotland would say OK , thank goodness common sense prevailed on the 18th !!!!!!
Helian43

Back