Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

BdNeals Soon-to-be-released C&O H8 Alleghany 2-6-6-6 Just west of Ronceverte Wv on the Alleghany Subdivision hauling empties back to the coal fields on the New River Subdivision.

Untitled-2_zps5mmunisc.png

Does he have an approximate release date yet?

Bob Cass Memorial Train

After hearing the passing of our beloved member Bob Cass, I wanted to do something special in Trainz. So, here's the result.
PereMarquette1225fan_20150224_0007_zpslqugjtpj.jpg
Near Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania on Amtrak's Northeast Corridor, restored New York, Chicago and Saint Louis Railroad (Nickel Plate Road) 2-8-4 'Berkshire' #765 leads the Bob Cass Special along the former electrified main line of the Pennsylvania Railroad.

A Chesapeake & Ohio Railway class H6 2-6-6-2 Mallet picks up loads from the Macdonald mine, in the coalfields of southern West Virginia. When the mine first opening in the late 1890s, it was one of the big producers in the field. Now, in the post World War II era, the mine is nearly worked out and is only producing a few car loads per day.

Macdonald_Mine_3.jpg

The mine's company store, visible on the right side of the photo, is still open, but like the mine itself, it's seen better days.

Macdonald_Mine_2.jpg

In this shot, a section of the mine's "gob pile" can be seen, which has grown considerably in size since the 1920s, when the mine stopped using its "slack" coal to produce coke in its battery of beehive coke ovens. The gob pile has been burning for decades, producing tons of "red dog" in the process, that the local citizens and towns have put to good use, as a cheap paving material to cover roads, alleys, and drive-ways.

Macdonald_Mine.jpg

So why is it green? Because: In 2010, discussions began between Ross Rowland (owner of #614) and Jim Justice, owner of the Greenbrier Resort in White Sulfur Springs, West Virginia. The resort owner was interested in running steam-powered excursion trains from Greenbrier (Resort) to Washington DC, that was to be known as the "Greenbrier Express."

That would explain the ditchlights. :hehe:

That would explain the ditchlights. :hehe:
The ditch lights were added in the mid to late 90s when the 614 was running Erie Limited trips from Hobokan to Port Jervis on NJT rails. A lot of those trips resulted in 70+ mph spirts so they were required by NJT to run on their rails.

That’s for you Bob Cass!
I am sorry that I could not get this loco finished early enough!

12076418654_262093e41b_o.jpg

Your’s TUME

R.I.P.
In loving memory of Bob Cass....

trainz%202015-02-26%2015-14-10-45_zps6hakj39g.png

This one's for you, Bob! N&W 611 & NKP 765 on a doubleheader with heritage units.

Last edited:
So 261's done? :D
Now now, this is DEFINITELY NOT THE TIME TO BE A GIMME PIG! I MEAN, C'MON, ONE OF OUR PROUD MEMBERS OF OUR COMMUNITY HAS JUST PASSED AWAY, FOR PETE'S SAKE!!! SHOW SOME MORE DECENCY FOR NOW! Yes, I eagerly anticipate the release of said 4-8-4 as much as you do, but that doesn't mean I will be ignoring something much MORE solemnly important as of is!

Now now, this is DEFINITELY NOT THE TIME TO BE A GIMME PIG! I MEAN, C'MON, ONE OF OUR PROUD MEMBERS OF OUR COMMUNITY HAS JUST PASSED AWAY, FOR PETE'S SAKE!!! SHOW SOME MORE DECENCY FOR NOW! Yes, I eagerly anticipate the release of said 4-8-4 as much as you do, but that doesn't mean I will be ignoring something much MORE solemnly important as of is!

I understand your annoyance but should one really get that mad over a question?

Back