Standard gauge track

Hello,

I have been thinking of updating the track I use in my route currently all track is CN guidao. The route is loosely based on Portugal but using standard gauge instead of iberian. I have noticed 3 main types of track portugal which I wish to use.

One common type is the High Speed track -white ballast, concrete sleepers, usually on a risen bed of ballast. I have found it hard to find any track that looks like this in Trainz. I imagine it would be a common type of track across all high speed lines in Europe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

img7147x.jpg

txxi_cp_3400_covas_2006_04.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The second type is the old type of concrete sleeper track used in Portugal. I found an excellent recreation on the STR website, but it is in Iberian Gauge. Has anyone ever seen this type track used on any standard gauge lines around the world? Hope to find a standard gauge trainz version soon.

ts09bib.jpg

3. Final type wooden sleepers I have found many wonderful assets already for this type.

Last edited:
these are close to what you're looking for. they should be TS12 built-in.

CHN Concrete 02, CHN Concrete 03 low subgrade, CHN Concrete 04 broad sleepers, and CHN Concrete05.

the ones marked with low in game and on the dls are low poly.

hope this helps!

Thank You Chris those CHN tracks are great. The textures are too dark but its certainly the closest I have seen! Stagecoach thanks for the tip, did this in Content Manager and found nothing, completely different results on the DLS website. Searching through them now. Already found many great Portuguese style objects for for my route. :)

Some of the track made by samplaire are excellent for what you want, I believe. They begin with SAM Track so they are easy to find on the DLS and easy to sort and search for in Surveyor and Content Manager.

To increase the track profile, you can modify the track parameters found in the track container in the config.txt

Here are the values I'm currently using to allow the track to sink a bit and not float, but you can experiment to find a value that suits your needs.

adjust-height-to-ground-threshold "-0.01"
adjust-height-to-ground-offset "0"
adjust-height-to-ground-offset -0.2

John

Hi John,

The SAM track looks great and has numerous different types. Downloading some of the track at the moment. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks very much :)

Back