spinning exclamation points

EJB

i have assets parked in yards and sidings . when running a session the cars parked have red exclamation points spinning. is there is a way to stop this ? i really don't care for the layer thing. it wouldn't bother me is they were invisible in a session but it is annoying.
thanks
ejb

That would indicate that they have derailed. Open up the session in the Session editor, and move the consist. That should rerail the train. This usually occurs now if you've moved the track in Surveyor.

That would indicate that they have derailed. Open up the session in the Session editor, and move the consist. That should rerail the train. This usually occurs now if you've moved the track in Surveyor.
had that happen after N3V Did an Update to the Game Caused everything to Derail... Haven't had an issue since.

sorry it took so long to get back.
no i haven't moved track lately and really you can't with the assets on the track. the only way to get rid of the exclamation points is to remove them and reinstall them.
i have tried several things but to no avail.
i can only hope i don't have to resort to layers. i really don't care for them.
thanks
ejb

Last edited:
sorry it took so long to get back.
no i haven't moved track lately and really you can't with the assets on the track. the only way to get rid of the exclamation points is to remove them and reinstall them.
i have tried several things but to no avail.
i can only hope i don't have to resort to layers. i really don't care for them.
thanks
ejb
No, this shouldn't be related to layers unless something was placed on the wrong layer. The best practice, as recommended by N3V, is to place all consists on the Session layer, or create a session and use that. Placing them on the route layer can lead to the results you are experiencing.

i don't think that is the problem. anything going to a session cannot be created in surveyor. it had to be done in the session area(folder). actually if the exclamation points disappeared in the session i probably wouldn't care at all.
by the way the Amtrak Am fleet coach. do you get a message concerning finding the trucks upon starting the running session? they are really nice cars and hopefully he'll do some more.
thanks again
ejb

i don't think that is the problem. anything going to a session cannot be created in surveyor. it had to be done in the session area(folder). actually if the exclamation points disappeared in the session i probably wouldn't care at all.
by the way the Amtrak Am fleet coach. do you get a message concerning finding the trucks upon starting the running session? they are really nice cars and hopefully he'll do some more.
thanks again
ejb
That's good you are putting the trains in the Session. I've never seen that message. That may be your problem. Make sure nothing is open for edit in Content Manager, close your route of course before checking.

so i need to place the yard cars in surveyor?
i have a appointment so after i will try this.
thanks again
ejb

ok i placed the consist in yards in surveyor. in session the exclamation points returned. if they were not visible i would care. it is nice to have stuff in the yards.
thanks again
ejb
got projects today see ya later

Back