SP1 - Some payware didn't auto redownload from DLC...

About 60% patched so far, so can not say 'yea or nay', but what I recalled, it (the e-spec for the wagons), made about six or more of the Murchison 2 Payware sessions show 'missing dependency' so in theory, as such, would this not prevent the end user from using said sessions?

One has To ask N3V Do you have ((((beta testers))))) and if so Why did this Disaster of a "disservice pack " get vetted better????some waited 2 freaking years for this? This gives me absolutely no confidence in any further work By N3V games! unacceptable!!!

One has To ask N3V Do you have ((((beta testers))))) and if so Why did this Disaster of a "disservice pack " get vetted better????some waited 2 freaking years for this? This gives me absolutely no confidence in any further work By N3V games! unacceptable!!!

One has To ask ((((jimabbey)))) Why do you Believe that this "service pack " is a Disaster? While some people Have valid complaints, and it certainly takes a while to install, a lot Of Others seem Pretty Happy. Have you tried the patch (you said that you weren't going to try?) and did you have a problem? Or Are you Just trying to Stir Trouble?

chris

So you're saying that <kuid2:103475:10008:2> is showing missing dependencies? Ah yeah, I see the icon now, gotcha.

My first question to this would be: does an EDR fix this issue (sorry, I know those things are horribly slow to try..)

If you've already tried this, don't repeat it. Doing it multiple times won't help anything.

chris

I have two installs of TS12 and the two are different. One works and one doesn't. The one that works has <KUID2:404079:1030:1> also in its asset list. The one that doesn't only has <KUID2:404079:1030:2> in its asset list. Gonna try another EDR which I have done several times. Something weird going on here.

I have two installs of TS12 and the two are different. One works and one doesn't. The one that works has <KUID2:404079:1030:1> also in its asset list. The one that doesn't only has <KUID2:404079:1030:2> in its asset list.

Since it's using KUID2 obsoletion rather than a manual table, that *shouldn't* affect anything. What do you mean exactly when you say it's in the list? Obviously CM knows about the v1 asset, but is it actually installed? If it is installed, try exporting it and installing it into the other build. If it's not installed, do you have any idea why CM is aware of its existence? Is it listed as a DLS asset?

chris

Last edited:
My NS Heritage From The New Shop did not download - shows Locally Modified. Also, the SP1 is missing the following: Corona_Red,<kuid:354694:14103>, Corona_Green,<kuid:354694:14101>, Corona_Blue,<kuid:354694:14104>, S_ switch_mesh_library L,<kuid:354694:900004>, Corona_White,<kuid:354694:14105>, Corona_Yellow,<kuid:354694:14102>, Marker ks,<kuid:354694:592158>, S_MESH_library_UZ_signal,<kuid2:354694:9000016:4>,UZ Text tabl,<kuid2:354694:111067:1> and many more related to Balezino - Mosti Sessions.

Last edited:
Since it's using KUID2 absolution rather than a manual table, that *shouldn't* affect anything. What do you mean exactly when you say it's in the list? Obviously CM knows about the v1 asset, but is it actually installed? If it is installed, try exporting it and installing it into the other build. If it's not installed, do you have any idea why CM is aware of its existence? Is it listed as a DLS asset?

chris

Yes the working copy has the asset <KUID2:404079:1030:1> installed. Sorry wasn't clear. I will give that a try but have no idea why one install has the asset installed and the other doesn't.

I too have had the Guards Vans, VR Z Guards Van - 6 Wheel - SG, <kuid2:103475:10009:2> and VR Z Guards Van - 6 Wheel - BG, <kuid2:103475:10008:2> showing the missing dependency Pre 1900s 6 Wheel Brake Van E-spec,<kuid:404079:1030> even though the built-in Pre 1900s 6 Wheel Brake Van E-spec,<kuid2:404079:1030:2> is present.

I got round the problem by downloading the Pre 1900s 6 Wheel Brake Van E-spec,<kuid:404079:1030> from the DLS using the FTP option. When imported into CM v3.7 it cleared the missing dependency but it still showed that an update was available, it was not obsoleted by the built-in version :2. I downloaded the Pre 1900s 6 Wheel Brake Van E-spec,<kuid2:404079:1030:1> using the FTP option from the DLS and imported that into CM. This was not obsoleted by version :2 and it did not obsolete <kuid:404079:1030>. Originally the Guards Vans did not show up as dependents of the engine spec but after importing both earlier versions all three now show the Guards Vans as dependents.

I now have all three versions but none of them show the obsolete icon, instead the two earlier versions are still showing that an update is available.

One has To ask ((((jimabbey)))) Why do you Believe that this "service pack " is a Disaster? While some people Have valid complaints, and it certainly takes a while to install, a lot Of Others seem Pretty Happy. Have you tried the patch (you said that you weren't going to try?) and did you have a problem? Or Are you Just trying to Stir Trouble?

chris
Look Here Mr. . Snarky I Can read other Post Where people are posting that this is Screwing things up For them..ect So How can I trust that it will work for me?! I have months of Work that this patch could destroy in One Download! "once bitten twice Shy!! " Live it learn it Pal!

Chris (WindWalkr)

I like Muliebuck opened the asset mentioned (<KUID2:404079:1030:2>) to look at and see what was wrong, however there is no way to revert it and the asset now remains open for edit.
I'd hate to have to reinstall the product in order to fix one opened-for-edit built-in item. This would be like burning down the house because there's a single fly in the kitchen!

John

My thought on this is to delete the asset's editing folder and running an extended database repair.

Shane

That's what I thought of too and I'm doing that now. We'll see...

That's an awfully drastic maneuver for just opening an built-in item though.

John

Just tried that solution and now the asset is shown as open for edit and stuck. Won't revert as it says I don't have permission.

That is very unusual as that normally fixes it. N3V may well be aware of that glitch and the upcoming hotfix should hopefully sort it.

Shane

That is very unusual as that normally fixes it. N3V may well be aware of that glitch and the upcoming hotfix should hopefully sort it.

Shane

This fixed my issue, but I had to do a couple of things.

1) I closed Content Manager and deleted the open-for-edit folder.

2) Ran a DBRepair from the command prompt.

D:\auran\ts12\bin\trainzutil repairdatabase

It took about an hour but the open for edit asset is now gone.

I suppose step 2 could have been done in Content Manager, but let this do its thing without the GUI. While the process ran, the database processes windows opened as they do when Content Manager or Trainz is opened. In my original command prompt, a message came up that said:

Repairing asset database (this may take some time)
; <NULL> : Performing database repair
; <kuid2:404079:1030:2> : Editing copy of <kuid2:404079:1030:2> has been removed.
OK (0 Errors, 0 Warnings)

John

My oversight...

Yes, exactly right. In the blue menu at the top of this web page, you will find a link entitled "Planet Auran". Click that to visit your account profile. On the left side of your profile, under the "Trainz" category, is a section entitled "Serial Number". Click to that section. Now on the right, you will see an area to enter each product's serial number. Be sure to select the correct product for the serial number, or your entry will be rejected. Your serial numbers that have already been accepted will show up at the bottom.
This process lets our online systems know about your purchases. You've obviously experienced this before with the Trainz products, because the banner under your forum name shows a whole slew of registered products :) Our payware DLC is exactly the same. kind regards, chris

Hi Chris,

Well I'll "B" Something as simple as that. Because I entered the serial number/s into the right place in TS2012 (Product Key area) and the addon's worked in TS2012, I obviously never got around too entering M2, CC & the loco pack serial numbers into my Planet Auran Profile. My bad...

Entered the missing serial numbers into My Planet Auran Profile today and restarted TS2012. Murchison 2 automatically started to re-download, (once I clicked on "Get New Content")

Well, something as simple as forgetting to "register" all my addons serial numbers in My Profile. That must put me close to getting the "dumb ass of the week" award.

Just as well I didn't bad mouth NV3/anyone here, because it was my oversight, not NV3's/SP1...

Many thanks again Chris,

Cheers, Mac...

Update 24 hours later: Well, M2 re-downloaded (in two parts) and appears in TS2012 SP1 OK. Unfortunately for some reason the 29 sessions are missing. I have no idea why!!!

Second problem I've encountered is on re-starting TS2012 SP1 it has started to auto re-download the two parts to Murchison 2 again; (part 1 - 952.36 MB & part 2 - 1.10GB). I'm letting it re-download M2 hoping that the sessions will show up in the Sim this time around. Fingers crosses-ed...

Last edited:
Look Here Mr. . Snarky I Can read other Post Where people are posting that this is Screwing things up For them..ect So How can I trust that it will work for me?! I have months of Work that this patch could destroy in One Download! "once bitten twice Shy!! " Live it learn it Pal!

Oh, that's completely up to you. I'm not here to force the patch down your throat. But if you choose not to install the patch, then you might want to refrain from rudely criticising something that you don't have any experience with.

If you had any actual questions, then feel free to ask politely and I'm sure someone who actually has the patch will be happy to answer you.

kind regards,

chris

This is a disaster for me

I have a number of bought and paid for assets. Before the issue of SP1, I was able to download and install them and actually enjoy the game. Now with this wonderful new system I can't get Trainz properly started.

I get presented with the assets I have paid for and start to download them. This is the eighth time I have tried it. I am going round and round in circles. The assets start to download and then the whole machine freezes. I have to reset the PC and then I am presented with a database rebuild. Many hours later I start again. This time I select only two assets to download. After some time one is completed. But it gives an error message ( 2 errors ) and the asset is not installed. I have no idea what the error was and so can not fix it. This has happened at least four times.

Why am I having this hassle with my paid for assets. They worked before SP1!

Is there anyway I can download them off line and install them myself?

UPDATE

Another failed download. I switched off my AV this time and only selected one asset to download. I got 4 errors for the first time. Murchison 2 part 2 is a disaster. The patch downloaded OK days ago and it is the same sort of size as this. What is happening? The error message does not give any clue as to what is wrong.

UPDATE 2

Tried Coronation scot download. This time PC locked up at 39.43 MB Had to restart PC.

Last edited:
Back