Sounds

ricketts

Am curious re putting sounds to things ie when a loco goes over a metal bridge the sound changes and sound like a meta bridge so where does one go to find these sound etc on the DLS or where to look on the program thanks P

I was able to do this by using special track that have something called bridgemetalsound on it. The sound is somewhat real and I use it also in tunnels for lack of proper "tunnelsound". Don't have the KUID number on hand now but can look into it. BUT: I haven't been able to find tracks with this feature in T:ane, so the day you up-grade, you will lose it and will have those two white lines instead... Unless someone have a better solution.

I was able to do this by using special track that have something called bridgemetalsound on it. The sound is somewhat real and I use it also in tunnels for lack of proper "tunnelsound". Don't have the KUID number on hand now but can look into it. BUT: I haven't been able to find tracks with this feature in T:ane, so the day you up-grade, you will lose it and will have those two white lines instead... Unless someone have a better solution.

I imported some bridges from HP-Trainz into T:ANE and the bridges has that as well. Alterr made some rail squeal track objects that you place where you want a sound to start and stop. They maybe more useful. I can't remember where I got those though. I think they may have come from Trainz Depot.

John

You can search the DLS under: Category/Sounds and find some wav files

And clone your favorite track, and add the tags in the config file:

track-sound {
default {
track-sound <kuid2:400260:423265:1>
priority 1000
}
}

or use any other track, add any tracksound kuid on the DLS like: <kuid2:21404:2430567:2>

Last edited:
Back