so anyone got any tips for making a route look nice im just looking for tips thx for answering

is theres any addons that are from other shows besides Thomas i would like a few sonic or Splatoon stuff if possibleagain thx for answering

Lots and lots of practice with a large dose of patience and experience. We also recommend taking apart other people's routes to see how they make them. You can then practice different techniques on a test route using the same kinds of texturing methods, and other techniques that make that route look so nice. After a while, you'll be doing this automatically without thinking about it.

This won't happen overnight and plan on redoing things again as your technique improves as well as throwing the route away and starting over. On the very large route I've been working on since January 2004 I have replaced parts as well as renovated old parts. The route today is far different in many places than it was when I first built it and I still have more to go.

Lots and lots of practice with a large dose of patience and experience. We also recommend taking apart other people's routes to see how they make them. You can then practice different techniques on a test route using the same kinds of texturing methods, and other techniques that make that route look so nice. After a while, you'll be doing this automatically without thinking about it.

This won't happen overnight and plan on redoing things again as your technique improves as well as throwing the route away and starting over. On the very large route I've been working on since January 2004 I have replaced parts as well as renovated old parts. The route today is far different in many places than it was when I first built it and I still have more to go.
I still "borrow" other peoples texturing methods. An artist, I'm not!

The joy of tearing apart a route, brings back so many memories LOL :D :p

The first time I wanted to learn route building was back in MSTS! I even asked Peter Newell if I could ruin his excellent Coals to Newcastle route just to learn how everything works. Still failed to finally complete a route, not that I wasn't listening to advice it's the fact that I really didn't understand how it all worked... I now understand how it works, but..... I hate Windows 10, I now can't finish off my route projects in MSTS :( ;(

In Trainz, the first routes I completely ruined was back in TRS06.. A NSW themed route 'I can't remember the name', Razorback and the route titled Queensland ?? These 3 routes were my favourites in TRS06 and then I started discovering the Download Station ;) ;) That's when the fun really began!!!

Sadly, I really didn't get much involved with Trainz due to it's ugly looking graphics at the time.. I am glad the Illawarra South Coast and Hotbox Content made me come back to Trainz ;) :D :)

As for TSC, I've got a lot of route projects in that game! Including the entire NSW Southern Main from Sydney to Albury, Canberra line is there as well and planned to add the line to Griffith via Stockinbingal and Old Junee 'A lot of track work is still left to go.. Been also working on some QR and WA routes... Don't worry, no need to get excited these routes for TSC will never see the light of day.....

I now have TrainzDEM! So my suggestion is obtain yourself TransDEM it's really handy ;) Amazing powerful tool!! THis will certainly help you generate track, roads, powerlines and I think water?? I've only ever generated track and roads.. Still learning more about using TransDEM.. But well worth it :)

The first time I wanted to learn route building was back in MSTS! I even asked Peter Newell if I could ruin his excellent Coals to Newcastle route just to learn how everything works. Still failed to finally complete a route, not that I wasn't listening to advice it's the fact that I really didn't understand how it all worked... I now understand how it works, but..... I hate Windows 10, I now can't finish off my route projects in MSTS :( ;(

In Trainz, the first routes I completely ruined was back in TRS06.. A NSW themed route 'I can't remember the name', Razorback and the route titled Queensland ?? These 3 routes were my favourites in TRS06 and then I started discovering the Download Station ;) ;) That's when the fun really began!!!

Sadly, I really didn't get much involved with Trainz due to it's ugly looking graphics at the time.. I am glad the Illawarra South Coast and Hotbox Content made me come back to Trainz ;) :D :)

As for TSC, I've got a lot of route projects in that game! Including the entire NSW Southern Main from Sydney to Albury, Canberra line is there as well and planned to add the line to Griffith via Stockinbingal and Old Junee 'A lot of track work is still left to go.. Been also working on some QR and WA routes... Don't worry, no need to get excited these routes for TSC will never see the light of day.....

I now have TrainzDEM! So my suggestion is obtain yourself TransDEM it's really handy ;) Amazing powerful tool!! THis will certainly help you generate track, roads, powerlines and I think water?? I've only ever generated track and roads.. Still learning more about using TransDEM.. But well worth it :)
huh neat ill make a note of that

oh yeah how i connect roundhouse sheds to roundhouse turntable along side other spines idk how too...
to be more specific the ones in Kickstarter contry 2

oh yeah how i connect roundhouse sheds to roundhouse turntable along side other spines idk how too...
to be more specific the ones in Kickstarter contry 2
I've never assembled a roundhouse shed to a turntable.

I'm guessing it's the same setup as placing down a portal and rotating it, same as fixed made level crossings.
Best to have a look how things are setup ;)

I started in December 2003 just a bit after Christmas with TRS2004. I tried different things and promptly tried and got overwhelmed by Surveyor! Not to be dealt a blow by a program, I set out to learn how it worked and I downloaded a few routes from the DLS. Back then downloading meant going to the "Black Pages" to download was then I discovered how a 300KB route became a 40MB route due to dependencies.

A route I thought I would like based on the description was one based on a branch line in Connecticut. I was disappointed because the name had nothing to do with what the area looked like, and there were issues with the route such as floating roads and track - something that still irks me to this day.

I opened the route and poked around the tools in Surveyor with the user manual in hand. Yes, we actually had a real user guide back then! My end result wasn't any better but at least I smoothed the terrain under the floating tracks and added in my own loop of track.

After fiddling around with the tools a bit more, I then set about building my own route. The one that has grown into a 350 km sized behemoth that I'm finally "finishing". I had taken numerous hiatuses from working on it to focus on other projects and at one point suffered a dreadful computer crash that ate a portion of the route. I was able to recover from that by going back to a previous backup, but I lost a ton of work I had done. The route isn't all single baseboards placed one after the other. I had merged in parts from other people including some old DEMs created by Fishlipsatwork that filled out big portions of the route and parts of which still exist today as well as some TransDEM routes I merged in from my area.

When merging in other people's works, not counting DEMs with TIGER lines on them or TransDEM terrain, I learned to blend their style into mine so that there's very little difference between the two. This may mean placing a view block such as steep hills or mountains, a river valley to transition between the routes, especially if there are tween boards required, a forested area, and even a small city. It was here that I was inspired by the routes created by George Fisher (gfisher). George is a local Trainzer, although we never met in person, that lives about 33 miles (50 km) southeast of me in Rockport. George's routes are truly a work of art. MSGSAPPER has updated some of them to modern standards and they are worth taking a look at.

One day, after Surveying for a few years, everything clicked into place as if someone hit a switch. Getting here wasn't an overnight thing by any means. Today, I can texture up a blank baseboard or two once I get a theme going in my head and quickly finish the baseboard to a point where it's presentable. Once the baseboards are at this level, I'll go back and add details over time rather than dwell on a single area.

to be more specific the ones in Kickstarter country 2
You are better off starting a new topic on this. Setting up roundhouses is a tricky process that needs a bit of discussion.

Back