Size on Disk (hdd)

Deano5

I decided to move some content from 06 into 12 and after a few files I got the low disk space warning.
The hard drive is a WD 450G Velociraptor sata3 drive that is specifically for Trainz only. I have 06, 10 and 12 installed on it, 450 gig is more than enough right, wrong.
06 is around 50 gig in size with its many many years of downloads, 2010 is 213 gig in size with just a few addons and no old content.
Gawd knows what size 12 will be when I have added all the extra content.
Can this size really be right?
Have I managed to multi install or something?
Could some of you check the size of your installs for me and let me know what size on disk they are, this can't possibly be right, 213G for one game?:confused:
Cheers guy's.

TS10 - 56Gig.

I do make a real attempt though to keep content lean and mean! I only install content I think i will actually use and at the moment there is only one 3rd Party route installed.

When I download a route and get the content I bring up the 'Today' tab, Ctrl+A and give everything which was downloaded solely for that route a unique keyword. When I delete the route I do a keyword search and delete the content unique to that route, I don't need it any more.

If you are a bit cavalier about downloading routes and associated content I could see a couple of hundred gig easy...

Andy ;)

I decided to move some content from 06 into 12 and after a few files I got the low disk space warning.
The hard drive is a WD 450G Velociraptor sata3 drive that is specifically for Trainz only. I have 06, 10 and 12 installed on it, 450 gig is more than enough right, wrong.
06 is around 50 gig in size with its many many years of downloads, 2010 is 213 gig in size with just a few addons and no old content.
Gawd knows what size 12 will be when I have added all the extra content.
Can this size really be right?
Have I managed to multi install or something?
Could some of you check the size of your installs for me and let me know what size on disk they are, this can't possibly be right, 213G for one game?:confused:
Cheers guy's.

Check your trash folder in 2010, depending on what problems you may have had in the past it could contain several gigabytes of files which you can delete if all is working properly.

Ah, trash folder, never thought to check that, good thinking my good man.
That makes me think you may have hit a nail on the head, thousands of updated items installed since the start of the DLS clean up. I'll get the cleaning kit out and go dust off those old hidden folders. :wave:

Back