Show your models!

603acff4bd76c7617c027e3df635447c.jpg

Old PFM United ATSF 2-8-0 I'm rebuilding.

MTH. I really like GG1s, and the automatic pantographs and the passenger train announcements are a nice touch.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a question, being that some of you say you know your way around repairing some of these...
When I was younger, I had a Norfolk & Western 2-8-8-2 given to me as a gift. Over the years (it's been 10 or so) it's had some problems, and now when you turn the track "on to full power", it barely moves. It had an electrical short a few years ago, which we solved by removing one of the tender bogey axles, but it has slowed down long after since.
This model layout is not something I use much, (I only have the loco and 3 freight cars), so it's not something I'm "going to die over" if I don't get it fixed right away; it's just something to piddle with.
Any help is much appreciated. :wave:

This is my Bachmann Railfan SP 4449
805c559432434e8583d85a782ccb3b84.jpg

My dad plans to order me an SP F7A with DCC w/ Sound from Hobbylinc.com for $100.99 sale, original price $169.00 made by Bachmann

Here's my train!:

Henry_The_Green_Engine_TOMY_zps0309312b.jpg

Don't quote me on it. I had that on my SD card. And yes, it's Henry the Green Engine made by TOMY, and NOT Fisher Price. (Tomix, you should know what this is!)

Last edited:
That is not a model. It is clearly a toy and does not belong in this thread. If you want a "real" model Henry, get the Bachmann one with moving eyes. Even better, get a Bachmann Standard 4MT or perhaps a J72 and discover that they are railways outside of Sodor...

I don't have the money to get a Bachmann Model, though I would like one. Anyway, it's still a train, so it still counts.

You are correct! :D Anyway, I still have that model of Henry. It was my first one that I got, as I have 2 other versions of it, one newer but the same as that one, and the other the Fisher Price version that I turned into Old Shape Henry.

Just curious, would this thread include models made on the computer? Because I'm working on animated locomotives and some rolling stock.

There's a train drawings thread buried somewhere in the Forums. That would probably go there as it included computer-made drawings like that one.

Is that based on the 2-8-0 from Sid Meier's Railroads?

Kieran.

Back