Show off your reskins!

new hood river boxcar.

35e7751777be048c92c02c1a1c6a5ffc.jpg

Not quite the same thing, but you can get the just:

I probably won't go far with these, the Ex VRE stuff is long gone at this point.....

ee3536b5b6e1bd3cfa5ec4cd868b8464.jpg

I have a question about "reskinning" track. I am trying to create some rusty rails so I open the rail head TGA and create a rusty colored layer over it, make it slightly transparent and then flatten the image. When I go to Trainz the rails are dull but not rusty like I want they still have a slight shine. Can someone explain how to do it correctly mind you I have no idea what I am doing I've just been using trial and error.

The shine is contained within the mesh or textures. One of the PEV tools lets you adjust it (specular) within the mesh. Unless the shine comes from an environment map, this will adjust it. If it's an environment map (sky reflectivity), it would be the alpha channel of either the diffuse texture. To reduce shine you would darken the image in that channel.

Same. The PRR, NYC, Erie, and the B&O all had them, and the C&NE could use some early diesels.
Great reskin Taylor!

Last edited:
Amazing what a Model Railroader subscription inspires you to get back into...

0e8a0f097c6cdd4c5ac91c1667f918ae.jpg

...now to try my new Wacom Tablet out on weathering :)

Cheers
Stevo

Same. The PRR, NYC, Erie, and the B&O all had them, and the C&NE could use some early diesels.
Great reskin Taylor!

My Beloved M-K-T used them too, but frankly that's what freaks me out. the early paint scheme (1950s era) would be hell given my current skill level, and I know I have a bad habit of trying the hardest thing first, then raging when it goes wrong and giving up. If I had any sense I'd do something simple (well, simple-r) Like one of the Sierra units....

I Made Two Of These UP C40-8s Wings And CNW Patched Last Year Ago I hope All Of You Like Them :cool:

<snip>

From Jamerson1
Looks great! The one thing that i'd suggest, is that the wings on the nose of the UP Lightning stripe model were small, like the prototype, and didn't extend unto the nose. CNW unit is nice, too!

Back