Shiny Textures

qazwaseat

KRR Route Builder
Hey all! I downloaded some farmland textures from American Trainz Group. I love these textures but they have this glare at certain angles.

Some shots of what i'm talking about:
kC0kOfd.jpg

qRLPdIF.jpg

If anyone knows how to fix it please respond.

Cheers, Qaz

2006? think he's posted in the wrong forum.

Quick fix for the shine.

Make sure the alpha for the actual image is pure white and the alpha for the normal is pure black anything else will cause a shiny effect, I've never seen shiny grass or dirt, however it's useful for water type textures. you can check the alphas with images2tga if they are embedded.

There may well be updates for some of the shiny textures under different kuids that have been done properly by the way, worth a look.

That's a private forum by the way Chris. ;)

Last edited:
2006? think he's posted in the wrong forum.

Quick fix for the shine.

Make sure the alpha for the actual image is pure white and the alpha for the normal is pure black anything else will cause a shiny effect, I've never seen shiny grass or dirt, however it's useful for water type textures. you can check the alphas with images2tga if they are embedded.

There may well be updates for some of the shiny textures under different kuids that have been done properly by the way, worth a look.

That's a private forum by the way Chris. ;)

Oh lol, I don't use TS2006 anymore. I lost the game a couple years back, so I bought TS2012 a few years back to get back into Trainz. I can't seem to find out how to add TS12 to that thing. Anyway, thanks for the help with the textures!

Cheers, Qaz

...That's a private forum by the way Chris. ;)...

Oooops, looks like, now I've spilled the beans, I will need to kill you all and myself as well !! :p.

(Thanks Malc - my ancient, feeble brain is focused on things other than Trainz at the moment, hopefully normal service will be resumed in the Autumn !)

Chris M

Back