Sherman Hill

Version 2.1-A works great on TS19 and I even went through a couple of sessions. There are some artifacts of the environment, but it's easy to fix.

But I still have one question, it's always autumn and the whole environment is yellow, regardless of the chosen time of year. Is this the way it's meant to be, or does it not work correctly in the TS19?

Not stuck in Autumn in TRS22, but I don't know what route version it is (nothing mentioned). KUID is <kuid:57230:100331>. I only replaced ground textures and some vegetation.

ShHill.jpg

Not stuck in Autumn in TRS22, but I don't know what route version it is (nothing mentioned). KUID is <kuid:57230:100331>. I only replaced ground textures and some vegetation.

ShHill.jpg
You probably have a newer version. I have another one: <kuid2:57230:101000:1> Sherman Hill 2.1-A

In my version, is there any way to replace textures and something else?

Version 2.1-A works great on TS19 and I even went through a couple of sessions. There are some artifacts of the environment, but it's easy to fix.

But I still have one question, it's always autumn and the whole environment is yellow, regardless of the chosen time of year. Is this the way it's meant to be, or does it not work correctly in the TS19?
That part of America is high desert so brown is pretty normal with sparse vegetation except in the mountains valleys.

This is the aerial view of Wyoming.

Last edited:
That part of America is high desert so brown is pretty normal with sparse vegetation except in the mountains valleys.
and after rains. I was in that area back in 2016 chasing severe thunderstorms. The ground was brown one day and almost overnight everything turned green and flowers were blooming all over. It's amazing how a small amount of moisture can bring everything to life.

True, I've seen the desert bloom a few times. It is pretty amazing. This first time I went through the area was September 2001. It was wild that you would climb a steep hill which was all desert then top the hill and everything is green from the rain clouds dropping their moisture on the western side.

I was traveling on I 80 W but I got off onto US 30 to go north through the SE corner of Idaho to I 84 W cause I was going to Oregon. US 30 was absolutely gorgeous. Two lane road through a valley with lots of little towns spaced about 10 miles apart.

Your version and mine have different descriptions, but both suggest a green landscape.

Wyoming's climate is generally semi-arid, and ranges from humid continental in the northeast to semi-arid in the southwest. Summers in Wyoming tend to be warm, with temperatures reaching into the 80s and 90s during the day. Winters are cold, averaging around 15 degrees Fahrenheit in most areas of the state. Snowfall is typically light in the lower elevations compared to other states, but can reach up to several feet at higher elevations. The summer months tend to be dry, while winter brings a mix of snow and rain. All throughout the year Wyoming experiences high winds which can reach up to 60 miles per hour on some days.

Wyoming, Wyoming gets 13 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year.

Wyoming averages 56 inches of snow per year. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.

On average, there are 222 sunny days per year in Wyoming. The US average is 205 sunny days.

Wyoming gets some kind of precipitation, on average, 76 days per year. Precipitation is rain, snow, sleet, or hail that falls to the ground. In order for precipitation to be counted you have to get at least .01 inches on the ground to measure.

The northwestern part where Yellowstone Park is located is green in the Springtime but down south where the rail line is located is mostly semi arid. There is green where there are rivers to provide water.

Last edited:
Well, if @oldman777 would like spring green-ness, he will have to re-do the entire map's textures with seasonal PBR.

There are seasonal non-pbr that can work, but, the snow textures will look pretty flat, lacking alot of 3D relief.

Keep in mind this response from UP844 on trainzitalia re; the state of the new version/vs the older versions.

Quoted:

Hello Rico,

unfortunately, the Sherman Hill route(s) are - currently - in a mess.

Once upon a time, there was the Sherman Hill v2 (TS12), but it had some serious issues, namely, from east to west:
in Cheyenne, there was no tail track on the east end, so the only way to carry out some switching moves required entering the main line: since this is not a branch line in the middle of nowhere, but the main UP Transcontinental line, this would not be acceptable
there were three sidings instead of four on the Harriman Cutoff; the three existing ones were misplaced and much too short
the track layout in a series of locations (Speer, Granite, Dale Junction, Hermosa) was too simplified and did not allow performing realistic routing
the east end of Laramie was utterly wrong: a train coming from the high line could only enter the #1 and #2 tracks, while a train coming from the low line could only enter the highest numbered tracks.
the signals became misplaced when the tracks were replaced: sometimes they were miles and miles apart, sometimes only a few hundred feet.

All these issues were corrected in the Sherman Hill 2.1a (TS12), and all the currently available sessions were made for this version.

Jango made a Sherman Hill 3.1 version (T:ANE), adding the factory just west of Cheyenne and - perhaps - the new industrial park south of Cheyenne. Unfortunately, he used the v2 as a base, so all the errors listed above need to be corrected... again. I would willingly volunteer for this task, but I am having a series of heavy job commitments and so far I have been unable to start working on the route.

kuid:57230:100331 Sherman Hill vers 3.1

Cheers, Mac...

I only did what I thought was possible for myself.
Removed bright colored spots along the entire route and align the shifted entrances to the tunnel and changed the illumination.
Tried to replace the trees with green ones, on a yellow background, it looks out of place.
Seasonal trees are too much for me. I can't do one thing for a long time.
I admire people who completely make routes and they have the strength and patience to do it.

Back