Search for Buildings.

trainman7616

Western Maryland Addict
Mods please move this if the General Trainz thread is not the right place.

Hi all. So normally I try finding things on my own unless they catch my eye. However, this time I must ask for help. I dont want sound like a gimmie pig so let me say this right now. If you can help me locate any building that slightly resembles these. Please help. So to start off, I really only need 2 buildings.

58b33885c98e1eb16df120ede7d56855.jpg

The Cass Scenic Station. I could have sworn there was an older model made before it burned down and this one took its place.

a4438559438f8df1d3e5dd5e65b97638.jpg

The Cass General Store and Post office. Post office is still in use today. I know there is a showroom over to the right behind the station and below that is a small souvenier shop.

This next one is not something I really need. But it would be really useful.

b9412b3aa44f046e0f7f908925d0ef2f.jpg

Now, I cant remember if this was a steel mill or a lumber mill. But Im looking for something rusted and falling apart.

Im not exspecting to many friendly reactions because some people may jump to conclusions and accuse me of bein a gimme pig in some way or another. But, If anyone can help that would be great. And if not. I will try to make them myself.

I was also wondering about the cottages, barber shop and church. But those shouldnt be hard to find.

Thanks for reading. And possible helping.

There is a hand full of buildings that are similar. It's a lumber mill, Cass was a logging railroad, so no steel mills. I'd recommendBenDorsey's content. Kitabash it. GFisher may have something similar to the depot.

Thanks. Bad thing is, I only have my phone for internet. The thing with bendorseys stuff has the "Tno thumbnail thumbnail" or something similiar, so I cant tell what the buildings look like.

If you can't find anything close enough and can get some more photos of the first two buildings (from all 4 sides) and basic dimensions I can probably make them for you.

Ben

There are no known blueprints of the station or general store that I know of. I can get images of the depot from all for sides but they arent up close.

Thanks Cascade:

Printed those 2 out. A few more and we are in business.

When I say basic dimensions I don't necessarily mean plans. Overall size is more along the lines of what I'm looking for as plans (unfortunately) are not always available. I can work a lot out based on ratio-n-proportion and the fact that windows and doors tend to be a standard size. The windows in the general store look to be standard 3 feet wide and 5 feet tall. Doors tend to be 2 foot 8 inches wide (height can vary depending on how fancy the door is).

Ben

Not sure if these will help or not. The post office is attached to the general store. So i will have to try to get pics of it.

013d7e928534d5dcaeb57119cca4a0d9.jpg

012be15daa1a316d828dc83034d76a93.jpg

9ba8eeb542220160bef2047ebecce708.jpg

2f9533fa4374f661d8e47f3a94e2a364.jpg

89e7fab678e65f9e3327fc434193ebd1.jpg

7f4453b669174a9756a9799de02a887e.jpg

4ae73a13583c0b0d493443264b48882a.jpg

63749f80b437ad5c466b8835925a93df.jpg

71542bb172b2e86e0a5b79164ecc33d1.jpg

Last edited:
These definitely help. Printed them out.

Need photos of the other end and rear.

Also more photos of the station.

Plus basic dimensions (footprint).

No rush gents - I always have things to make (usually to darn many, lol).

Ben

Sadly ben. This is all I can do. Like I said. No blueprints like I said. =/ Cant get pics of the other side

Last edited:
Its not unreasonable to assume the back side of the big building is pretty must the same as the side I can see. Lots and lots of windows and a few doors at ground level. Different doors of course since the back side isn't so much commercial as set up for delivery.

This also applies to a lesser extent to the station. Possible only difference is the lack of the ticket window extending beyond the basic structure. People and freight doors would be on both sides (usually opposite of each other front to back).

So - - all I need is some idea as to the overall size of the two buildings. Length and width for certain - height if possible.

Ben

An interesting feature is that staircase, and the boardwalk suspended by wood angled beams, and it extends for quite some distance (unknown) looking at GE and Bing Maps

I have a station in trainz that when a shay is set next to it is the appropriate height. Would any pics from in game help?

An interesting feature is that staircase, and the boardwalk suspended by wood angled beams, and it extends for quite some distance (unknown) looking at GE and Bing Maps

The boardwalk extends from the post office down and wraps around the whole front of the general store and cafe and then stretches over to the Cass Showcase building behind the station while going overtop a small souvenier shop behind the station at ground level.

Gonna need photos of the boardwalk and staircase if you want me to include it.

In the game screenshots don't really help. Its shots of the real thing I need. In any case I can get by without height info. Its the footprint I need.

Ben

Its not really needed. Well I guess in a way it is. But some of the pics I posted show it.

Im going to plan a trip to Cass in a few weeks. Just for the pics.Should take me about 2 hours to get there.

Last edited:
Great!

In that case I'll hold off on starting either building. Much better to have the correct info then my guesswork.

I don't necessarily need a lot o photos - just he right ones.

Take your longest yardstick, lol.

Ben

Back