Saving to CDP

Hi
Has anyone had trouble trying to save a layout to an portable external hard drive CDP.I have never had a problem to now as it is saying the file is to big to save.Is there a way to fix this problem or Is there another way to save a layout in a computer for future use in case the original is lost.
Thanks
Robert2004-1

What is the size of the cdp?
It is not recommended to make cdp files equal to or greater than 1 GB
It may also happen that the type of files supported by the external hard drive influences, some support files in fat32 format which do not admit files larger than 4 GB

Is the message "too big to save" coming from CM or from your operating system? How much free space is on your external storage device?

Pware
There is plenty of room on the external harddrive.the message i get is folder contents are too large for,then a file name

From past experience when I have had to use a prev CDP downloaded route because I have lost the original ,As far as I know CDP only saves the route and the dependancies are re-downloaded from the DLS

I learnt the hard way many years ago to save any new/modified routes and sessions the day I made the changes. I highlight the route and associated sessions in Content Manager then use the 'Export to CDP' option under the Contents menu to save them to a USB stick. The route and sessions could be saved separately should they become too big when saved together but my current route started back in TS12 is just under 250Kb. True the assets and their dependences are not saved but are readily available from within a fresh install or via the download station should the worst ever happen. Peter

Back