Saving a route

I downloaded a CDP from a website and although it appears in the Sessions it is missing lots of dependencies.

Having downloaded them all and the route is now fine, is there any way I can now save this to disk to avoid having to do it in the future if I ever reinstalled?

Backup Local and Original folders found under C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs22 then inside the Build xxxxxx folder.
Optionally, if you also have payware content, keep a safe backup of the 'Packages' folder.

@PhilChorusch01 makes a good point about backing up those local folders. To save the whole route so you don't have to re-download all the dependencies again later, you could also try saving it as a new session file (.trs file).

Just open the route you've fixed up in the session window, then go to File > Save As and name the session file something like "Fixed Route". That should save all the added content along with it. Might be safer than relying solely on the local appdata backup in case something happens there.

@PhilChorusch01 makes a good point about backing up those local folders. To save the whole route so you don't have to re-download all the dependencies again later, you could also try saving it as a new session file (.trs file).

Just open the route you've fixed up in the session window, then go to File > Save As and name the session file something like "Fixed Route". That should save all the added content along with it. Might be safer than relying solely on the local appdata backup in case something happens there.
Thanks for the heads up there :)

Save the whole shebang to an external drive rather than bits and pieces. This will ensure a 100% restore should something go horribly wrong.

I cannot, meaning we cannot stress enough the importance of backups. Recently I suffered from a catastrophic failure and lost everything. Having backups, I was able to get up and running after a few days since I had to ditch my 2.5 TB GB database and start over.

Backups are one of those things that we don't think about until we don't have them and the problem is the data back up we need is usually the one we didn't make. Backup as frequently as you can to an external device or if you want to chance it, send your content to the cloud.

Backup Local and Original folders found under C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs22 then inside the Build xxxxxx folder.
Optionally, if you also have payware content, keep a safe backup of the 'Packages' folder.
Thanks for that!

Is it then just a case of copying/pasting them back or does it somehow need to be imported?

Thanks for that!

Is it then just a case of copying/pasting them back or does it somehow need to be imported?
I keep forgetting to suggest to backup the Local, Original and Packages folders into a rar file, this would allow you to extract and restore the Local, Original and Packages to the path C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs22 then inside the Build xxxxxx folder, then rebuild Trainz database before even playing the game.

Content Manager, File | Import or Install content from folder
That no longer works, mate. N3V stuffed a very simple process and has made it overly complex now requiring the rings of Saturn to line up with the moons of Jupiter with the hopes that the Trainz Orb of Gold will appear at the same moment.

It's not that bad, but it seems that way when it boils down to it.

found out, didn't need to do it......
was working on my route is sessions layer and forgot that was where i was and did some work, which included track work saved it.
when i went back to route layer , all the work i had done was not there..... DOohh
so i redid the work , then i went to driver and found out everything was there ..... both versions with tracks every where and jumbled up and the locos had no idea how to get anywhere / or could not get anywhere.....

SO BEWARE..... OF WHAT LAYER YOU ARE WORKING ON. !!!!

VERY EASY TO FORGET.........

In the end I deleted the session and will have to start all over again.... A LESSON WORTH LEARNING.....

Last edited:
found out, didn't need to do it......
was working on my route is sessions layer and forgot that was where i was and did some work, which included track work saved it.
when i went back to route layer , all the work i had done was not there..... DOohh
so i redid the work , then i went to driver and found out everything was there ..... both versions with tracks every where and jumbled up and the locos had no idea how to get anywhere / or could not get anywhere.....

SO BEWARE..... OF WHAT LAYER YOU ARE WORKING ON. !!!!

VERY EASY TO FORGET.........

In the end I deleted the session and will have to start all over again.... A LESSON WORTH LEARNING.....
A lesson well learnt indeed ;) I've made that mistake at least once :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That no longer works, mate. N3V stuffed a very simple process and has made it overly complex now requiring the rings of Saturn to line up with the moons of Jupiter with the hopes that the Trainz Orb of Gold will appear at the same moment.

It's not that bad, but it seems that way when it boils down to it.
Hmm! I'm going to test that theory out mate. I've got to install something from a folder.

Installing content via a folder, is working perfectly :)
A route's folder open for edit works fine, but not one from the backups due to the new file changes with those .tzarc files. They have to be copied into the edit folder and a DBR run to import them. That's the easy part. Some have extra numbers that need to be removed, some for some reason won't work for some reason or another, and those folders within the backups/date-folders? Taking one of these folders in the olden days and importing that into CM used to work, but no more. Fuggetaboutem! They're as useless as tits on a bull for us to use to get the routes back.

A route's folder open for edit works fine, but not one from the backups due to the new file changes with those .tzarc files. They have to be copied into the edit folder and a DBR run to import them. That's the easy part. Some have extra numbers that need to be removed, some for some reason won't work for some reason or another, and those folders within the backups/date-folders? Taking one of these folders in the olden days and importing that into CM used to work, but no more. Fuggetaboutem! They're as useless as tits on a bull for us to use to get the routes back.
Have you actually tried it lately,,?
I did a couple of days ago, and it's not as hard as you might think.
You don't have to worry about .tzarc files or changing or deleting anything.

All you do is copy the the folder you want from the backup folder to the editing folder and open the launcher and do a DBR.

It is that simple and easy.

Have you actually tried it lately,,?
I did a couple of days ago, and it's not as hard as you might think.
You don't have to worry about .tzarc files or changing or deleting anything.

All you do is copy the the folder you want from the backup folder to the editing folder and open the launcher and do a DBR.

It is that simple and easy.
When was that fixed?

Are you using the latest version or is this still a few versions back? It was then that N3V broke things badly for both TRS19 and TRS22.

I had to do the complex throw the N3V glowing blob in the air and hoped it stuck method a few weeks ago after the last update. Granted, I'm using Plus so maybe that's the difference, but I doubt it. If the old way works again, I'll be pleased because it's really awful the way it is/was.

UPDATE: I just tried it in PLUS and it's still the way it is just as I said. The individual folders within the backups/date-folders are useless and contain only the bits for the subdivided routes and sessions. The actual backups are the .tzarc files. These have to be copied to the Trainz/User-data-located-somewhere/edit folder and a DBR run to restore the asset.

Again, if you are talking about opening a route for editing then importing the kuid UID AssetID Some route name folder, that still works fine. I do that all the time when I've updated or repaired assets.

Last edited:
My bad, I totally had everything confused. I thought you meant on installing content via the folder option. Not the .tzarc file from the backup.
Sorry guys for the confusion on my part!

My bad, I totally had everything confused. I thought you meant on installing content via the folder option. Not the .tzarc file from the backup.
Sorry guys for the confusion on my part!
No worries. I thought you were just busting my chops, or maybe wishful thinking on my part, N3V fixed something and made it easier for us. LOL

When was that fixed?

Are you using the latest version or is this still a few versions back? It was then that N3V broke things badly for both TRS19 and TRS22.

I had to do the complex throw the N3V glowing blob in the air and hoped it stuck method a few weeks ago after the last update. Granted, I'm using Plus so maybe that's the difference, but I doubt it. If the old way works again, I'll be pleased because it's really awful the way it is/was.

UPDATE: I just tried it in PLUS and it's still the way it is just as I said. The individual folders within the backups/date-folders are useless and contain only the bits for the subdivided routes and sessions. The actual backups are the .tzarc files. These have to be copied to the Trainz/User-data-located-somewhere/edit folder and a DBR run to restore the asset.

Again, if you are talking about opening a route for editing then importing the kuid UID AssetID Some route name folder, that still works fine. I do that all the time when I've updated or repaired assets.
what do you mean the files in the backup are useless.....
what do you want to do with them???

All I did was select the route that I needed to be uploaded and move that folder to the editing folder and do a DBR......

what could be more simpler than that.??

Back