Revising the Arrington Subdivision

trainz20130328005403632.jpg

trainz20130328005414208.jpg

trainz20130328014258139.jpg

trainz20130328014308524.jpg

trainz20130328014308524.jpg

100 blocks down and only 20 left to go. So that means I'm 5/6 or 83% done with the route. The remaining 17% to be finished in the morning. Can't wait to run trains on the route. Third attempt on the route and hopefully the last one. Time to shower and go to bed.
:sleep:

Any chance of some towns or stations?

It looks nice, just a bit bare...

Regards

Johan

However I have this route on the download station but the KUID is different and I don't want to have to create multiple routes and N3V won't dump the other duplicates I currently have. Plus editing the KUID to the most recent one isn't allowed. So what should I do?

If you upload the route with exactly the same KUID, it will automatically get assigned a KUID2 and people who already have your route will automatically get a message that an update of the route is available without having to look for it.

But the KUID isn't the same though.
Here is the procedure:

1. Make a copy / backup / archive of the old route.
  2. Write down the kuid of the old route.
  3. Delete the old route.
  4. Open the new route for edit (ctrl-shift-e).
  5. Edit the config file. I use good old notepad for this as this which is fine if you don't start fooling around with quotes or whatever.
  6. Change the new kuid to the old kuid and safe the config file.
    While you are at it you could also add stuff to the description tag (like "Updated version; did a lot of rework on ...", just be sure not to use any double quotes!
    ... and now comes the trick...
  7. You can not commit the new route with the new kuid... but... You can start Content Manager (CM) a 2nd time, so do so.
  8. In the 2nd CM, go to "file" menu and select "Import Content".
  9. Browse to the folder with your new route. You will probably find that somewhere here: "TS12\UserData\editing".
  10. Import it, commit it, close your 2nd CM.
  11. Go back to your first CM and revert (ctrl-r) the route which is open for edit. A "search my own content" should now show the new route under the old kuid, ready for upload.

Now this might look and sound like a lot of work, but you will notice that once you have done it, it was only a minute or two. This is how I change all my new content to a kuid that I like before uploading it.

Different trick, same result

Other solution:

Write down the kuid of the old route.
Go to your new route in CM.
Press ctrl-shift-e (open for edit).
Open the config file in notepad.
Add this piece of code to the bottom:
Code:
obsolete-table
{
  0                                     <kuid:add_kuid_here>
}
Of course be so smart to replace "add_kuid_here" with the actual kuid of the old route.
Save, close, commit.

You should now see the old route as obsolete. If you check the versions of the new route it will list the old route.

looking good by the screen shots, i think it needs more trees and clutter, but your doing a great job, is it gonna be on the dl station?

Other solution:

Write down the kuid of the old route.
Go to your new route in CM.
Press ctrl-shift-e (open for edit).
Open the config file in notepad.
Add this piece of code to the bottom:
Code:
obsolete-table
{
  0                                     <kuid:add_kuid_here>
}
Of course be so smart to replace "add_kuid_here" with the actual kuid of the old route.
Save, close, commit.

You should now see the old route as obsolete. If you check the versions of the new route it will list the old route.

Nevermind. I got it figured out. I downloaded the latest version, made an obsolete KUID and that solved the problem?

looking good by the screen shots, i think it needs more trees and clutter, but your doing a great job, is it gonna be on the dl station?

The route is already on the download station. Inbox me your e-mail for the missing dependencies.

Back