Requesting Station or Building

RRSignal

Cheesesteak Guru
Has anyone seen a building or group of buildings that can be kitbashed to make something like this station?

8487653918_a52d659461.jpg

A canopy would be a plus but I have one in mind or will make one if needed.

Pretty sure masontaylor has a kit of parts for a Scottish Station in stone you might be able to use, he has a longish thread on here, Buildings frae Scotland or something like that, he definitely has some Dormer Windows

Malc's right - you should be able to make a similar structure from the various parts of the Pitlochry Station kit - all the assets start with SCSK PIT on the DLS.

PitPlancopy.jpg

I would say that masontaylor's Pitlochry kit would be ideal for your station. The kit is very comprehensive and versatile.

Because I like to use it to contruct a variety of similar stations, and because it takes a bit of time to put the bits together, I have made a single baseboard map with a number of permutations of stations using the kit. When I want to use one of the pre-built ones, I merge this map into the main route then copy and paste the bit I want.

Scottish

Thanks, guys, but one problem - the objects appear almost black in-game (and this isn't the nVidia compression issue here) in TS2010 44088. This is at 12 noon. Take a look:

8486819459_ceb9710bf4_b.jpg

Otherwise I think this kit would be perfect and is really gorgeous.

@RRSignal:

As you can see from my earlier post, they are quite dark - we're talking damp gloomy Scottish Highlands, after all, and prefer my buildings to be naturally muted in colour rather than comic-book bright!

However, returning to the original Gmax meshes, I can see that I set the light settings lower than I would now, and I can fix that, though it would have to be for the whole set, which wouldn't happen overnight - I can see mesh faults which I now know how to correct, which I'd address at the same time, too. I've tried one as a trial - PM me and I'll send you the CDP: if it's on the right track, then I'll add the conversion to my to-do list, and produce a second, lighter, set.
(Just don't expect it tomorrow, please...!)

Back