Refund suggestion.

nuni727

I got an idea for a future development of not just trainz but the Auran website as well. I know that it is almost impossible to give refunds for software without having the software copied by the user but I was thinking, what if auran would give refunds and would use teamviewer (with permission from the user) to scan the user's system to make sure that the product is not installed. Then, with the user's permission, auran would install a security program that would prevent the user from using the refunded software unless it is purchased again. This idea came to me after I bought TS12 without checking the recommended computer specs and now I'm stuck with an extremely laggy game. Also, since I don't have money to be spending on video cards, I'm stuck with my computer....

Last edited:
I for one would not permit anyone from installing something on my pc. There are far to many security implications.

Not a bad idea,

But would it be possible to copy the disk onto another disk, and then use it in a seperate machine, that hasn't been touched by Trainz or N3V3RF41L.?.

Joe Airtime

So what you're saying is that I can give N3V access to a VM i setup just for the purpose, and keep my copy of trainz installed without them knowing, and get they money I paid for it back, so that it costs me nothing?

No, seriously, it's an idea that isn't even remotely workable.

You bought it, you name it....

:cool: The number of paybacks to customers that have purchased Trainz could be counted on the toes of one foot, not counting the Great Toe.

System Requirements Lab has a free utility to use for game-computer evaluation. Use the drop-down menu to find Trainz Simulator 2009, then accept the utility. That may help you see if you can configure your computer for a better experience in Trainz.

You can re-download Trainz, or send a defective disk back for replacement, but like you say there are too many ways to defraud the company, resulting in big problems for the customer...let alone criminal intrusion by bogus hackers.

I for one love all my versions of Trainz I'm thinking about sending Auran/N3V the purchase price for each again, I thoroughly have been entertained at least twice as much as I paid:hehe:

So fair is fair I guess…

That would not work ,most people know how to copy a disk or digital files
how easy would it be to copy it all to a new machine ,

And for what reason would Auran/N3V have to refund money, 99.9% of the time the problems with the game is the way it is installed or other software conflicts, driver updates or hardware NOT Auran/N3V 's problem

I know sometimes i might ,,well do say things in the way of fixing Trainz and blame people that i really don't have the right to say anything about to which is a fault of mine i need to control but really it is a great game one of the best no matter which version you have or had for it's time frame

And i have never had a game that has given me the enjoyment that Trainz has over all these years

No definitely know refund
steve

This idea came to me after I bought TS12 without checking the recommended computer specs and now I'm stuck with an extremely laggy game. Also, since I don't have money to be spending on video cards, I'm stuck with my computer....

Wouldn't it be easier for Auran to remind buyers to read the recommended specs before downloading?

I was actually thinking about this myself for helping users here.

The use of something like Tiny VNC would be good for tech support and not for spying. This could be turned on when requested by tech support so the techs could "go in" and view the PC configuration. The whole thing is controlled by the end-user, and not the company, and is only turned on when the end-user wishes.

I use this frequently with many users at work. The software runs very well, although a bit chunky with lots of graphics over a remote connection, but it has saved me from leaving my house during a snowstorm and work with other users who were also at home as well.

With the software, both the technician and the end-user have control over the mouse and keyboards. The end user, using Pidgin for chat, can talk back and forth with the technician, and be told when to take over the mouse and keyboard. The communication can also take place over the phone as well, but Pidgin is the less expensive way and is much easier when it comes to non-English speakers seeking help with English-only speaking technicians.

Something to think about, but not for receiving refunds, or for full access all the time.

John

Buyer beware.

That is how it works. Before you buy you got to make sure of what you buy will fit your needs or works with your PC. As simple as that.

Stiff cheddar, I say or wait until in future you upgrade your system. You will not regret your purchase then :p.

VinnyBarb

No matter what program is or could be used it still won't change the fact that a person can copy whatever software to another computer that is not connected to the internet ,,,i myself have 5 computers in the house,
it isn't hard to disconect one from the internet

you have to be fair

your are asking a company to put a lot of faith in the general public

even if a persons computer meets the minimum specs of a game there is always addons updates service packs
just building a route changes the spec's needed ,if it is detailed enough

once more it's not Auran/N3V,s problem at all
Trainz 2004 /2006 are still avalible at a very low price

review before buying
steve

Companies have developed DRM systems that can remotely access files and wipe them out. Amazon did it with some Kindle books. They gave refunds, only because Amazon wasn't authorized to sell the book. I would be very surprised if this capability, if not more broad ones, didn't exist in most gaming copy-protection mechanisms and in all portable devices of any kind.

That said, no way I'd have anything to do with that. And, I don't see why Auran/N3V would feel obligated to issue a refund when it's purely the buyer's obligation to conduct due diligence and be sure their system can handle the game.

Back