Recovering Lost Files as TZARC Files Instead of KUID Files

Good evening, I am inquiring about an issue regarding recovering lost files. I had made the mistake of deleting KUID files that I had improperly transferred to another harddrive, and I am currently in the process of recovering them. I have found the files that I need, but they are showing up as TZARC files instead of KUID files. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this issue so that the files can be downloaded (as KUID files) back into the game?

I not sure you can recover them from TZARC files, but they may still be in your trainz folder backup files and there are instructions somewhere on the forum for how to recover them. By default Trainz keeps 7 days of backup files.

Put the .tzarc files into the edit folder in your user data folder. (Default setup is located in C:/users/<profile>/AppData/N3V Games/TRS19) and the folder is named Build something. (Something being an alpha numeric sequence.

Run a database repair and this should import the content back in.

If the content has a numeric sequence after the .tzarc, you need to remove the numbers from the end of the file prior to importing them.

Back