Quick question regarding trainz 2010

PVincent342

Hi,

I recently purchased a Samsung Q430-11 and i was wondering whether Trainz 2010 would run on it. Currently i use trainz 2009 on my desktop which was a gateway with 400gb hd 3gb ram and 3.0ghz. The reason i downgraded to TRS2009 on my desktop was because of issues with slow loading and also due to somewhat the speedtrees. So now my laptop has 4gb ddr2 ram and a 2.4ghz intel i5 core with windows 7 64 bit and i was wondering whether trainz 2010 will run on it. graphics card is a nvidia geforce 310m (i believe ill have to double check) and hard drive is 450gb.

* I know these hard drive sizes may be impossible but the computers were marketed as having 500gb hard drive and of course some space is already pre-taken.

Thanks in advance for reading this forum and answering this question

Any questions or comments feel free to reply

Phil

While the graphics chip isn't great, it's better than if it had integrated graphics. It'll play 2009/2010, but it'll be somewhat slow at times (mostly in dense scenery/lots of trains). My friend recently bought a very similar laptop spec-wise, and he says he wishes the graphics were better (he has same nVidia 310M), but he's happy with his.

it is a nvidia GeForce 310m with 512mb ram graphics card (i heard anything above 512mb ram graphics card is useless unless playing grand theft auto or something)

Well I think TS2010 was designed more with the desktop market in mind. Plus, it probably doesn't help that you run W7 and probably have pre-installed anti-virus (probably that bloated Norton's or McAfee's), as well as various other background processes. Your machine's specs by themselves are fine; considering I run a minimum-spec machine with no trouble, I think you'll do alright, especially if you can avoid SpeedTrees.

Controlling background processes (and, especially, disabling anti-virus and going offline when running Trainz, as well as "help and support" managers provided by major computer vendors) can make a HUGE difference in performace. There's a little program called Game Booster (see the link below) that, as I understand it, shuts down unnecessary but known background processes. I haven't used it - mainly since I got my system down to the minimum number of processes I need long ago - but maybe it can help you.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=60133

*nods* ah thanks for the help guys , im just thinking of staying on ts 2009 with sp4 , after all those speedtrees do kinda hold me back.

Back