Question: Does Natvanders Stations suite the USA theme (800x640 size)

axe1970

Kuid: 1970 - J/D 5/8/2001
Check out these screenshots of my usa themed route, I want to use Natvanders Std Australian Railway Stations in a USA themed Route. (Yes this is LiverpoolAMRA 2003 extended (project pending a renaming)).

Does the Aussie Stations suite the USA Theme?

liverpoolstation3.jpg

liverpoolstation1.jpg

liverpoolstation3.jpg

Regards

AXE

Last edited:
Hi Axe, how are you doing.:)

As long as I have been in Trainz, I have always seen routes where people have used items that aren't necessarily from the country they are trying to portray.

Me, personally, I would use foreign buildings and such in a route if it fits in, dmdrake's buildings are one example.

I think looking at your screenshots, the stations do suit the scene quite well in my opinion. Putting a carpark and a few buildings around it, it will look quite good.

Hi AXE
For me it’s one of those timeless buildings that would suite a lot of situations in many countries especially if the area in question is rural and set in the past

Regards, Bob V

The route looks like it's coming along nicely but I'm going to be honest here and say that it doesn't look convincing enough. It just doesn't give that "American" flair. If it's a modern day USA route, then I would try to use an Amtrak station or possibly a commuter rail station/platform with a simple building on it.

I like the station. It looks like an eastern seaboard type of station, maybe in some small New England town.
You could probably add an Amtrack sign to it, but all the Amtrack stations I know of are inherited and mostly unchanged from whoever the previous owner was.

:cool: Claude

I like the station. It looks like an eastern seaboard type of station, maybe in some small New England town.
You could probably add an Amtrack sign to it, but all the Amtrack stations I know of are inherited and mostly unchanged from whoever the previous owner was.

:cool: Claude

Amtrak has actually changed greatly over the decades and that includes the stations as well. Nearly all of the original PRR stations on the Northeast Corridor were altered to high-level platforms under Amtrak..and then you have select stations all over the nation that were renovated or rebuilt completely in the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.

Alex, I think that if you can find any, to go with a low-level platform, place a few Amtrak signs and choose any Amtrak building found on the DLS.

Thanks for the coments so far guys,

I am trying to use Built in content as much as I can and Natvanders Stations are just awesome. They look great on an Australian route, but I was hoping I could adapt them for this USA themed route.

Regards

AXE

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!! They suit one country and one state only - NSW, Australia!! :p

;)

hehehe :)

I thought I might get a reaction like that Nat. Maybe I will just have to wait until you release a few USA stations then. ;) :cool:

Regards
axe

I am sorry this may be off the subject, but I just installed tr12 and put one of my trs10 routes in which contain Natvander's stations. Those stations are now marked as faulty due to the version number. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to use those stations in tr12

You can try and repair them yourself, or replace them with other stations that work. I know that a few of his stations work in TS2012. Hopefully they will be repaired and uploaded soon. As I have an Aussie themed route I am trying to get into TS2012.

Station A2 250ft
Station A6 300ft
Station A6 400ft

these appear to be all faulty in TS2012.

The rest work well.

Regards

Back