Question about older content

JimDep

One thing I'm confused about.
Will older content made with GMAX work in Trainz 2022 ?

Thanks

Yes, if it was made correctly in the first place it should be fine. Philskene's routes use many old assets that were made with gmax. Now that being said the quality of old assets varies widely so some of them will not look very good in TRS22 but some creators are still using Gmax and producing fantastic looking assets.

I just remembered some really old assets (15 to 20 years old) might have used .pm meshes which are no longer supported so they would show an error. But most stuff from Trainz build 2.0 (TRS2004) and up should work.

I just remembered some really old assets (15 to 20 years old) might have used .pm meshes which are no longer supported so they would show an error. But most stuff from Trainz build 2.0 (TRS2004) and up should work.
Using PEV's PM2IM tool to create the .im files and then editing the config.txt files accordingly fixes the ancient assets. The process is a bit tedious but once a routine and method is worked out, the process goes quickly.

The GMAX exporter created either .im or .pm mesh files. The .pm can be converted to .im. TS22 supports .im content, a fair number of us still use Blender to create .im content.

Cheerio John

Thanks for your replies. I make a lot of my own stuff that's proprietary for my long time route in progress, and it would be a major setback if I couldn't use them, as it would make my route useless.

The main problem I might have are older build numbers that still work in TANE but the Trainz 2022 might reject them.

Thanks for your replies. I make a lot of my own stuff that's proprietary for my long time route in progress, and it would be a major setback if I couldn't use them, as it would make my route useless.

The main problem I might have are older build numbers that still work in TANE but the Trainz 2022 might reject them.
I have old content running quiet happily in TS22. However it is recommended that you don't sign up for the beta versions but stay with the more stable versions.

Cheerio John

Back