problem with session variable

old_bill

I wish every one in Trainzland a Happy New Year!

Can somebody please suggest an replacement, or a work around, for system command - skip if session-variable <kuid2:160293:101014:3> author trev999, which no longer works.

When tested for errors and warnings it reports <kuid2:160293:101002:127> cannot be found.

I have searched and tried get the same result without success but it is beyond my 'very' low skill level.

I would appreciate any help!

I am using Trainz (build 105766) a new era

Old Bill

Maybe you could try changing the reference in the config.txt file to <kuid:160293:101002> Insert buff label ? That is the one I have downloadedd from DLS, and when I try "List asset versions" no other versions are listed.

Delete any asset with version 127 as these were created in early versions of Trainz when someone entered an incorrect kuid. Trainz automatically gave it 127. This should now all be corrected in new downloads.

Maybe you could try changing the reference in the config.txt file to <kuid:160293:101002> Insert buff label ? That is the one I have downloadedd from DLS, and when I try "List asset versions" no other versions are listed.

The kuid table does not reference the .127 kuid. Something somewhere else is referencing it. I looked in the scripts and in the dependencies but I'm not seeing it. Really odd. I have kuid:160293:101002 installed and the rule is not faulty for a missing dependency. It throws the error only when you check it for errors.

Trev999’s <kuid2:160293:101014:3> greys out but other associated commands like
Set s-variable
Wait until S-variable
aren’t receiving this grey out issue.

I have a long list of entries defining the names of the train stations and its directions of travel in the InputTable rule and the “Skip if” isn’t letting me to choose the variable name with a variable value. I needed this to control & count the number of trains presented at stations & at yard depots when they enter/leave.

Is anyone having the same issue otherwise I’ll reach out to trev999 via pm?

@ Ispdyiu - Can you explain exactly what you mean by greys out; what do you see?

What Trainz version are you running? This command is designed for TANE and anything higher is not tested by me.

Perhaps there is something wrong with one or more of the input table entries.

Does the command work with a shorter list of entries (try this in a separate session)?

Regards - Trev

@Trevor,

I reproed a similar situation in Tane.

created a plain baseboard route, opened up Inputtable rule then started to make 200+ instances of the same message, each beginning with svname,xxx convention. Added the necessary assignments and operators.

On the dropdown menu list, when I hovered my mouse cursor over it, the “Skip if session variable” select worked. So I then ported the route I tested to 22 to see if the grey out disappears. And it did without a fault.

most likely its a timeout or multiple inputtable rule issue that caused the button select to not be able to select it.
or one of the characters didn’t support the command. Say, does the command accept characters that are not alphanumeric like symbols for example:

Heres the list of characters that aren’t letters or numbers:
Code:
- / : ; ( ) $ & @ “” . , ? ! ‘ [] {} # % ^ * + = _ \ | ~ < > £ € ¥ •
only ones I sent off from my Apple iPhone keyboard.
do any of these above mentioned support the associated driver commands read off from the input table rule? Maybe you could script it to include these additional syntaxes so the commands can read it from the input table. Feel free to take a grain of salt from me point of view.

regards, darrren

Hi Darren - Some of the special characters are used by the game engine for HTML controls. I don't know what happens when others are used in the text. Suggest you stick to standard alpha numeric.

Do you have the Trainz Settings / Dev option set to display red bug exception messages?

There is a limit of four input tables that can be used so the command ignores anything in later tables.

It seems as if your problem is associated with the use of special characters and not something in the scripting. Salt received with thanks.

Cheers - Trevor

To add to my previous post maybe provide extra support add-on on mobile that is, using emoji’s to speed up the text typing in the inputtable rule. Just a thought but don’t have a clue if the game engine’s script would allow non-textual characters but it would be a very interesting to add to the input globally.

There is a limit of four input tables that can be used so the command ignores anything in later tables.

It seems as if your problem is associated with the use of special characters and not something in the scripting. Salt received with thanks.

Cheers - Trevor

could you also provide timeout support for large numbers of input table entries in case all the associated commands aren’t selectable (not clickable) even on bigger routes?

thanks for taking my consideration in regards to my previous reply :). I hope to expect to see an update to most of all your assets so they can be run in the future without a hassle. And less amount of timeouts on weak pcs.
regards, darrren

Do you have the Trainz Settings / Dev option set to display red bug exception messages?

I’ll see if anything suspicious comes up with the Trainz Logs window active then I’ll report back.

Back