Problem Downloading to Content Manager with Windows 10

jlaz9

Hi everyone! I'm having a problem downloading from the Trainz Download Station and could really use some help (please note I'm not that tech savvy). My family just got a new computer (since our old Windows XP died) that has windows 10 installed so when I try to add new content from the download station and click, "download with content manager," I get a message I've never seen and didn't deal with on my old computer. The message says, "You'll need a new apps to open this trainz," and thus I cannot download any content. My question is, does anyone know what app I need in order to download to the content manager for my Trainz 2009 edition? The game is already installed and running on my computer too. Any help is much appreciated, especially quick responses, since I just purchased and activated a new First Class Ticket. Thank you again!!!

You need TRS2009's Content Manager.

When that window comes up, select "Search for Apps on this PC."

Navigate to where TRS20909 is installed (the default location is C:/Program Files (x86)/Auran/2009/). Then once there, go into the bin folder and select ContentManager.exe.

This sets up the file association for CDPs to be opened with TRS2009's Content Manager.

Hopefully, that helps. :)

Kieran.

Thanks Kieran! Unfortunately it doesn't give me the option to search my computer though. It only says, "look for an app in the store," and takes me to the store

Thanks Kieran! Unfortunately it doesn't give me the option to search my computer though. It only says, "look for an app in the store," and takes me to the store
Under "Look for an app in the store" there should be some text saying 'More apps' with a down arrow. Click on this and then scroll down the list. This is where you should find, "Look for another app on this PC."

kieran.

Thanks for the video - it really helps.

For this first time, click on Content Details and there should be a Download Via FTP option or something along those lines. Then that'll download a CDP which you can associate with Content Manager.

The Download with Content Manager button should work after that.

It seems that our DLS windows are looking a bit different - I must have modified the display options.

I get a DLS window like this:

And clicking on Download Page opens this:
[url=http://hostthenpost.org][/URL]

Kieran.

Last edited:
Thank you! I got the FTP to work but still not the download to content manager button. I'll just use the FTP to download or is there also a way to actually download in content manager itself? Also I like the way your DLS looks!

Hi John,

What browser are you using? I suggest using IE and not Edge for this. Also you may have to launch your Content Manager as Administrator as this maybe a permissions issue here with the browser connecting directly to CM-Plus.

John

"I'll just use the FTP to download or is there also a way to actually download in content manager itself?"

Right-click on an item, or a selection of items, and you can use right-click --> Download to download items.

"Also I like the way your DLS looks!"

Up the top of the DLS window, look for 'Result Settings' and click on it. MyTrainz will open in a new tab and you can change various settings there. I have the Display Type set to 'Detailed'.

Kieran.

Good eye John! It works in IE, not Edge so I'll remember that when downloading. Also thank you for the tips Kieran! I just changed my format over!

Good eye John! It works in IE, not Edge so I'll remember that when downloading. Also thank you for the tips Kieran! I just changed my format over!

I'm glad you got that working. IE works with everything still...

John

Back