Portland-Dalles DEM

JackieG

adam cant make a hotdog
Ok i probally won't finish the whole route. Maybe just Portland.
Talk about those flyovers in Portland!! Anyone want to help with them? I use YARN roads for all my routes. i am going off a DEM and google so double wammy. I am making this route for Trainman10. I am a reskiner and route builder on his site. When it is done that's where it will go. But please all you gimme pigs out there, or anyone, IT IS A WIP. PLEASE NO ASKING "When to be released?"
Thank you.
Work so far.

001214ca19c3b4d2b419040ad0cf90d3.jpg

I see nice uniform sweeping curves, and properly straightend turnouts, and adjacent splinepoints perfectly matched side by side ... asside that your TGA screenshot needs to be converted to a JPG ... Looks great ... Keep up the great werk !

My SpeelChucker Iz Busted

Last edited:
If I may add on the subject of the screenshot, be sure to crop the image to leave out that white space. Otherwise, from what I can see, my thoughts concur with cascade's.

my one question is more of what dem are you working from, smooz/ fishlipsatwork or your own? ether way i can help you if you need it. sometimes google doesnt have the best track pics, but i do have the UP track chart to get the tracks right. let me know in a pm please, thanks. -inprr

Thx. It is fishlips. i am working on a quick project now so little progress. Started the yard. Shots soon. :wave:

if you dont mind, i can get the route the dalles to north powder done, witch will connect both of out routes if you want. the only thing i cant seem to get right is the texturing.

the jointing of both of the routs need to be made with the middle dem set so that his and mine dont get chewed up to much. i can do the modifing if stmsoccer is willing to do the texturing on the routes. the only problem i see is that we will have different track marker names for our routes. JackieG what track are you using for you route? if the three of us work on the whole thing making the track seamless will look the best. let me know ok. bye for now -inprr

Progress update: Made alot of progress after that shot yesterday.

picture removed by request
sorry to quote the image, but where may i find this grain elavator? it will do for the grain elavator in my tacoma-morton-auburn route. thanks in advance

Last edited:
You've been around long enough to know not to quote images, don't be lazy and remove the link. The elevator is on the DLS i believe.

i have good news for people that love long routes. i have merged the dems from the dalles to pocatello witch means that maybe i can get it to go all the way to portland. if i cant get the cmp to make a cdp i will put them where they can be merged without much work.:hehe: -inprr

Back