PM2IM help

Deano5

Hi guys, can someone please help me with the Trawl feature. I have read the instructions and it says to add blah blah line into the command line to start trawling??? Have I got the right program running and what/where do I find the command line? It would take me months and months to do all the assets one by one. Please use layman's terms as im not a comp wizard at these things.
On a separate note, do you know where I can get the Trackview rule from? I tried to make a repair to it and destroyed it, then deleted it thinking I could just get it back from the DLS, but all content by Klausm has long been removed so I cannot replace it.
Cheers for any help/advice.

I too, have had little success configuring the PM2IM with trawl mode, but then again, maybe I'm missing the bleeding obvious :)

I too, have had little success configuring the PM2IM with trawl mode, but then again, maybe I'm missing the bleeding obvious :)

Please post the batch file you have created to call up PM2IM, and also tell me if you are using Win7, it needs a different path for my tools.

Hi PEV, thanks for replying. I have no idea what a Batch file is but I have a desktop icon to start the program that I got from your site(an orange CN loco). It is version 1.13, 17th Nov 2009. I am running XP pro sp3. Thanks.

Step by step batch file creation.
Open Windows Explorer.
Right click C:\Program Files\Auran\TS2009\bin\CMPData\tools and select New - Folder.
Name the new folder by typing OpenWith and then hit the Enter key.
Left click on the OpenWith folder to display an empty folder.
Right click in the empty space and select New - Text Document.
Replace New Text Document.txt with PM2IM.bat and hit Enter (select Yes if you get a warning message.)
Right on PM2IM.bat and select Edit to open it in Notepad.
Type these 2 lines:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files\Auran\TS2009\Extras\Third-party Addons\PEVSoft\Texture2TGA_con.exe" -dxt -trawl %1

Then click File - Save
You have just created the batch file per PEV's readme file.

Bob

Ok, I have done that. Where do I go from here? Im sure it is probably staring me in the face but I still can't figure out how to get it to trawl through the umpteen gigs of assets. :eek:

Ok, I have done that. Where do I go from here? Im sure it is probably staring me in the face but I still can't figure out how to get it to trawl through the umpteen gigs of assets. :eek:

Right click on an asset in Content Manager. Choose Open with... The program will be listed there.

John

Sorry guys, still no joy. I copied and pasted the above 2 lines into a blank/new text file, should it have been as it reads above? I don't have any option to "Open with" in the list from a right click on any object in CMP in 2010.

Sorry guys, still no joy. I copied and pasted the above 2 lines into a blank/new text file, should it have been as it reads above? I don't have any option to "Open with" in the list from a right click on any object in CMP in 2010.

Are you clicking on Installed items and not those on the DLS? That would make this option appear versus not be available.

John

@Deano:

Have you changed the extension of your created text file from .TXT to .BAT. If you haven't, then it will NOT run as an executable file. Your last post gave me the impression you hadn't done that.

Bill

Right click on an asset in Content Manager. Choose Open with... The program will be listed there.

John
Having followed the instructions on this thread, I see this is the case. However, what then happens when you choose this option? I see the asset opens for edit, but does anything else happen? Should the PM2IM tool open?

Paul

Having followed the instructions on this thread, I see this is the case. However, what then happens when you choose this option? I see the asset opens for edit, but does anything else happen? Should the PM2IM tool open?

Paul

Paul,

The PM2IM will open, but sometimes very quickly. This is a DOS batch file running so you'll see a Window-icon for a batch file rather than the application. I have seen this run when there are a large number of files running. If you click on the icon, you'll get the Content Manager option to view details. In the details it'll list the images being processed. When the process is done, there's the OK button to close the window rather than a hide to "hide' the details.

John

I tried to download it from your site and it said it could harm my computer and what exactly does pm2im do does it fix locos

I tried to download it from your site and it said it could harm my computer and what exactly does pm2im do does it fix locos

If you are using Internet Explorer, it will say that an .exe file may harm your computer. If you are downloading the program from here:

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~villaump/pevsoft.htm

then you are safe.

What the application does is two things:

1) Convert the old .pm formatted, assets, and turn them into the better supported .im format.

2) It can repair assets that are said to be missing a texture but are not.
This is caused by a texture being placed in the wrong "slot" when created in old GMax.

Hope this helps.

John

If you are using Internet Explorer, it will say that an .exe file may harm your computer. If you are downloading the program from here:

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~villaump/pevsoft.htm

then you are safe.

What the application does is two things:

1) Convert the old .pm formatted, assets, and turn them into the better supported .im format.

2) It can repair assets that are said to be missing a texture but are not.
This is caused by a texture being placed in the wrong "slot" when created in old GMax.

Hope this helps.

John

can it fix a loco from 2006 and get it into 12

Months ago I tried all this and got to the same problem I have now. Installing the program, I get to the "Right Click in the empty space and select New - text document". I don't get this, I get just "folders", and I get a folder. How do I get the text document? so I can change it to PM2IM.bat and continue with the procedure?

Back