Persistant Error gaining NASA Dem Data

glenm74

Question from a quiet route builder.

Trying to obtain data from NASA via ftp://e0srp01u.ecs.nasa.gov/srtm/version2/SRTM3/ or equivalents posted elsewhere in the forums and am persistantly receiving an error "Connection Refused"

Whether i use FTP or via IE or Firefox browser, same error. ? Is anyone else experiencing this issue at the moment or am I the only one.

Otherwise, does anyone know of any other locations Dem Data for Australia in a similar format to that of Nasa's nomenclature is available

Cheers
Glen

Thank you Davido ... Tried the alternate link and it worked like a charm

Appreciated immensely

Cheers
Glen

According to my sources, NASA has taken this site down 'temporarily'. And, as we all know, the word 'temporary' to the government means 'forever'.

Bill

The official download link on the SRTM home page now points to the USGS server. It used to connect to the NASA site.

Thank you HiBaller and Geophil... Can confirm with you after talking to a couple of former colleagues in the US that NASA are no longer holding the data due to "BUDGETARY CONSTRAINTS."

As all of the data is ported either from NASA to USGS or Already on the USGS servers NASA do not feel the need to hold the data?

Considering it was a NASA project to obtain the data its a little saddening...

Thank you to everyone for your comments and help

Cheers
Glen

Back