Operation Push Pull

sniper297

Coconut God
Got an idea from atognaccini to add a plow to the bilevel push pull cab car, while I was at it decided to steal Paul Wiser's marker light script and get them tail lights working.

48350512.jpg

There's the experimental F7 with ARN and marker light script, red coronas on when it's in the rear, off when it's the front or middle. Cab car;

28108669.jpg

Similar script, when the player changes to the cab on this end and flips the reverse lever to let the game know which is the "front" now, the marker lights go out on the cab car and light up on the engine. Video here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPexri2x8u0

Works under player and AI control with the Change Direction command.

Only one or two points remaining, same guy suggested actual transparent windows instead of painted on, I don't do 3D CAD so someone else would have to. What I can do is kitbash, what I need is a mesh;
15863840.jpg

That's the headlight I painted on, the center of that section of the TGA file distorts the texture so the headlight has to be stretched horizontally, and you can't go down too far before it bleeds into the door. What I need to do is find a stand alone headlight mesh or some kind of disk or short cylinder I could add as an attachment, get the headlight to look more realistic. Dunno if there's anything that could be done with the windows, the interior detail ain't that spectacular anyway.

Hi sniper,

I might be able to help with the windows. I'll get your cab car and see if I can do it on those. Then I can either tell you how to do it, or just send the reskins to you.

Kieran.

Or upload under your own KUID. "Modification, improvement, and redistribution is allowed and encouraged provided the derivative work remains free and unrestricted" is the original definition of "freeware", and that's what I go by when I release freeware because I don't feel the need to inflate my self importance with copyrighting stuff I'm giving away. In other words knock yourself out.

I really don't see a big need for me to have actual holes in the mesh, a little more work on texturing;

11153357.jpg

And the painted windows look good enough to my eye.

Back