One odd error in a built-in session

spiffy101

Fan of Everything Train
Let me tell you, I've just spent the past hour trying to fix a problem on the mainline session for Hawes Junction. I'm not mad, but I just thought I would pass it on and tell all of you the story.

I was driving the new 9F with a heavy coal train. I decided to side the train until I could analyze how to return up the Hawes branch with ease, but I also realized a lot of messages for track blockages were popping up. I went to Gardsdale to see what the problem was and it was terrible. 6-8 trains were backed up. I went to the front and a Fowler-pulled coal train, driven by Alastair, was sliding down a grade, clogging up the signals. I tried the engine behind the coal train to take control, but nothing happened. Before a wreck occured, I used the 9F to stop the train. I removed the engine from the rear, and then used the 9F to clear the train from the signal block. After the coal train was cleared and the 9F was re-attached to its train, another coal train passed, except it had taken a different route. It almost t-boned a passenger, but luckily I was able to clear it before that could happen. The train did the same thing, but I quickly corrected it with the passenger train.

I ended the session and am off to get a locomotive that can be easily deployed to stop the problem. I'm also going to use a larger locomotive, or at least two to stop the train from over-sliding the switch. Well, thanks for reading!

Yeah, that grade is a bit steep for a fully loaded consist. My Robe Alco was also backsliding so I replaced it with the heftier Union Pacific GM-EMD DDX-40.

Yeah, that grade is a bit steep for a fully loaded consist. My Robe Alco was also backsliding so I replaced it with the heftier Union Pacific GM-EMD DDX-40.

Well, since I want to stick to British trains, I don't think a DD40AX is an option, but I'm guessing a Class 37 can stop the train.

This sounds like a classic place for the AI train brake thingy.

It's an invisible, unpowered, "locomotive" that attaches behind the train loco and gives it the braking power of 30 locos (or something like that). It's particularly useful where AI trains can't stop on a downgrade or where they can't hold their train stopped.

AI_brake kuid:58422:100218 by Whitepass

I'm sure it's on the DLS but I can't check coz the DLS is AFU! :hehe:

Cheers

Nix

This sounds like a classic place for the AI train brake thingy.

It's an invisible, unpowered, "locomotive" that attaches behind the train loco and gives it the braking power of 30 locos (or something like that). It's particularly useful where AI trains can't stop on a downgrade or where they can't hold their train stopped.

AI_brake kuid:58422:100218 by Whitepass

I'm sure it's on the DLS but I can't check coz the DLS is AFU! :hehe:

Cheers

Nix

I'm off to the TPR Dl Depot to get the brake booster.

Back