On towards Nant Gwernol!

hbl

Now straightjacket-free
On towards Nant Gwernol! (Meaning the Talyllyn Railway!)

For all of you Welsh Narrow gaugers out there, the trainz version of the Talyllyn Railway is under construction and on its way.
I am trying to make this as download-friendly as possible with as little downloadable objects as possible.

Will post some screenies in a few weeks when I reach Dolgoch.

It uses kevmt's scale 2' 3" track, and is created with maps I drew up using the virtual tour on the Talyllyn Rlys website.

For more info (history, etc) check out their website:
www.talyllyn.co.uk/

Cheers,
HBL

Last edited:
Sure thing bud, there's just from Dolgoch up to Nant Gwernol is the part where I'm pretty sure that my maps aren't in the correct order, I'll have to see about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
John,

If you have some photos of the surrounds of Tywyn Wharf that you could email to me, that would be great.

Does anyone know of some rusty machinery that is available on the DLS?

Cheers,
HBL

yay! 2007 means new trainz stuff, and more talyllyn stuff (eventually)
I would like to help too, i wanted to do it in TRS06 and made a basic Pendre (like track and 2 buildings) Once this is finished we really can create a pre-preservation TR, but that would require building the mines and incline (which would be tough seeing as there is not a lot of info about them, pictures or plans).

Then all we have to do is wait for Sir Haydn, and Edward Thomas(and those so-hard-to-find-plans-of bogie coaches) :D

I've done it to the preservation trackplan, but I might include the incline up to the Cantrybedd (is that the correct spelling?) level, and put in some clutter around, to make it look run-down with very few buildings, and the slate loader.

But I'm up at my grandparents' house 1000km away from the computer that has the route on it, so nothing is currently happening.
Cheers,
HBL

if you were to include that, the buildings like the slate loader would have to be created, unless one exists. but I dont think it does. The route itself would require many custom buildings, all the stations, sheds at pendre, etc. I wonder how hard it would be to make some... :rolleyes:

Like I said, I am trying to make it as download-friendly as possible with as little downloadable objects as possible. But I might make an exception for the Pendre yards.

Cheers,
HBL

for the engine shed I think that Sparky123456's new sheds and buildings would be good, if I could find them on the DLS...:confused:

Like I said, I am trying to make it as download-friendly as possible with as little downloadable objects as possible. But I might make an exception for the Pendre yards.

Cheers,
HBL

That's a good goal to go for. But I think it might be best to go for as much as possible, but only with items off the DLS. If you restrict it to built in only, your not going to get much, trust me!

Cheers,
John

Sorry have to ask

Is any of these versions going to be for 2004?, there is a few of us that rather that way.

Tom

an answer & some thoughts...

from what I think I would presume it is being made in '04 and '06 can still use it so it wouldn't be much of a problem anyway.

@ hbl I'm going to have to agree with ZapperJet. The resources on the DLS arent enough to really create the Talyllyn. I'll see what I can do for you about some buildings (although I cant promise quality) especially the Wharf station, and assorted buildings that would have to be custom made. I'd actually like to create something in GMAX for once, I'm tired of asking (It goes faster if you do it youself:D) Other wise you'll end up with the Ffestiniog currently on the DLS (quality-of-realism wise), Im not saying the trackwork isnt accurate, but its also the world around the trainz that creates the atmosphere of the layout. To be honest I dont know how many people would like a Tywn Wharf made of non-narrow gauge or, realistic items (to the area) especially if it doesnt have the loading platforms (or former loading platforms, the interchange with the standard gauge railway is essential to operations, and would be interesting to model). But these are just some thoughts for the layout tough :D. Keep up the good work I cant wait for it to be done! :D

-Jeremy

tdstead,

That's a good question. I wonder what version hbl owns.

I own TRS06 and 04, just converted myself over to 06, but I don't have a problem with doing anything in 04.

Cheers,
John

I own TRS 2004, and have never wanted to upgrade to TRS 2006, nor have I ever needed to.

The Talyllyn!?! Oh man, I've always wanted to see it! I know the names of two locos; Talyllyn and Dolgoch. (From Thomas The Tank Engine.) Just wish there was a Skarloey for Trainz. Talyllyn (Loco) looks EXACTLY like him, just that Skarloey has a red livery, and a face. Rheneas and Dolgoch (Loco) look like each other, too.

Last edited:
The Skarloey Railway on the Island of Sodor is the ficticious twin of the Talyllyn Railway. As soon as I complete the Talyllyn, I'll start work on the Skarloey Rly. (The Skarloey Rly is currently in the planning process);)

you know rkeune (or something like that) has already made the SR. He's never released it as far as i know here is a link to his site about it http://www.keune.org/blog/default.asp
He has also made a Rusty model for trainz as well as a new slate car other than MstNoodle's. its a really interesting layout, and if you have TRS04 you can ask if he'll send it to you:D.

Not to be a glory hog, but I too have worked on something for the Island of Sodor. Along with Benk87 I am creating the narrow gauge railway the Mid Sodor Railway. This is the line that Duke,Smudger,Falcon (Sir Handel) and Stuart (Peter Sam) used to work. its not anywhere near done, its not really my main project right now.

I also know that a trainz version of Skarloey has been made, but sadly MstNoodle never released it. He also made Proteus, and I've heard about Mighty Mac, and possibly Fearless Freddie. None of these were released either.

Good News All!

After nearly 24hours from Townsville to Brisbane onboard the Sunlander, I've arrived home to my house! So, now I can continue on the Talyllyn after nearly 4 weeks of the project being on hold. For more info on the TR for Trainz, visit my site:

www.freewebs.com/hblz_trainz/

Cheers,
Hayden Lynch
(HBL)

hey! HBL I went to you site (Nice site!)
thanks for mentioning me... (I feelz specials...:eek:)

Unfortunately my Welsh narrow gauge interests has dwindled... :( but I had a US NG epiphany!!!!:D and am building a 2' us route the Pacific Coast Central (PCC) using re-letterd SR&RL stock... after I get slugsmasher's approval...

Until Kevmt updates some more TR stock, the Rhieds Railway V2 is on the back burner...

Keep chugging along (like the TR)

cheers & keep up the good work!
-Jeremy

Back